Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More on Ford owning YOUR pics of YOUR car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default More on Ford owning YOUR pics of YOUR car...

Fact: Ford has a banner ad on this site, and sponsers it with ad revenue
Fact: Yesterday I posted this link: http://www.adrants.com/2008/01/ford-...ts-returns.php in a thread
Fact: Said thread was locked without warning
Fact: Said thread contained NO flames or violations of this sites forum rules
Fact: Said thread was bad for Ford's image

Coincidence? I think not...

Someone is trying to block any threads that may possibly be bad for Ford...why?

And if I get banned for posting this, or this thread gets locked, then it is just proof that what I posted above is 100% true and I hope all of you will spread the word and NEVER forget this.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: More on Ford owning YOUR pics of YOUR car...

Most people know about this i think, and probably wont forget, Ford put this on themselves, i might see a problem if they used a ford logo that wasn't on one of the cars or something, but other than that they should have left it alone...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:07 AM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

Ford is just digging them selves deeper.
They're saying that I don't have the rights to the pictures I take of MY car with MY camera and print on MY printer?
GTFO
Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

well at that point, what right do we have to even drive our cars around? don't other people have to pay every time they see the cars?

this makes me absolutely ****ing sick. maybe next time i'll just buy GM. ford has been doing a lot just stupid crap lately, e.g. loading every movie that comes out with way way too much product placement, this latest move seems absolutely insane, not just from the point that its the most ridicilous goddamn thing i've ever heard, but legally, it doesn't make a ****ing bit of sense. let them try to track down all the pictures of mustangs and see if they can take them down. i honestly wonder who thought up this idea.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

....or maybe its because theres been like 15 threads about this already, and the mods delete extremely redundant threads

Besides, the group Ford's lawyers went after were TRYING TO MAKE MONEY by using the Ford logos and stuff in their calendar a without consent from Ford. It's like if you made and tried to sell calendars depicting your favorite NFL Players in action on the field: even if you took the pictures of them, you'd better believe the NFL and the owners of the teams would have something to say about it. It's the same thing from a legal standpoint.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am not locking this thread but deleting the other one as double posting is redundant and annoying and the reason you stated has nothing to do with why it got locked. Later J
Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joolander

....or maybe its because theres been like 15 threads about this already, and the mods delete extremely redundant threads

Besides, the group Ford's lawyers went after were TRYING TO MAKE MONEY by using the Ford logos and stuff in their calendar a without consent from Ford. It's like if you made and tried to sell calendars depicting your favorite NFL Players in action on the field: even if you took the pictures of them, you'd better believe the NFL and the owners of the teams would have something to say about it. It's the same thing from a legal standpoint.
I'm going to have to completely disagree with everything you just said.
Your example isn't the same as owning the car.
To be more accurate, lets say you would be the OWNER of the NFL team and THEN you take pictures. The NFL owns those pictures?
And it's not so much that we're upset about them cancelling the calendar, but for them to say that they own the pictures that we take of our mustangs is absurd.
How many threads are there that ask the same question? "Lets see those black mustangs! Lets see those white mustangs!"
Those aren't deleted.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Thats like saying you can't be paid to take pictures of anything because you don't own them...So if my fiance does a sitting with a baby or a family and takes their pictures and there are props in the background...the company that made those props now own the pictures? Then every photographer in the world needs to be sued...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

$.02 ->
[ol][*]i totally agree that this was aVERYstupid move, politically speaking, for ford.[*]however, ford isNOT claiming all rights to your photographs, as far as i understand it. rather, the dispute began because the ford brand was being used to sell something, and ford hadn't approved and weren't getting a slice of the pie. was this a stupid claim to push even though it was copyright/brand infringement (read: illegal)? i reiterate - yes, i think it was dumb as hell cuz it's bascially shooting oneself in the foot, and slapping us, loyal customers at the least, in the face. nonetheless, they're not trying to own all your pics, they just don't want anyone to publish them in a calendar (or anywhere for that matter) for individual profit.[/ol]
Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

07BeastGT-I agree the tech S197 section tends to be an OT section and needs to change. That is what we mods are for and are slowly cleaning this area of the site up. If I moved or deleted all the non tech threads this section would be much smaller. PM me if you have any concerns on how the site is run and I would be more than happy to refer you to ADMIN (which already knows about all the threads on this). Later J

Quick Reply: More on Ford owning YOUR pics of YOUR car...