Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Body Kit - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Body Kit - Opinions

Guys, the Saleen stuff is expensive if you don't shop at the right place. PM me for any specific Saleen part you want and I can give you a good price
Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 PM
artmx47
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Guys, the Saleen stuff is expensive if you don't shop at the right place. PM me for any specific Saleen part you want and I can give you a good price

Really? Im dying to get the rear bumper!! haha
Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
thcarpen
2nd Gear Member

I am not as huge a stickler as some peopleon this but you may make a lot of theauthentic Saleen people unhappy. Each saleen has a personalized number in front of their left headlight on the front bumper. Just dont put any numbers there because that is disrespectful to us who did pay extra for an authenticated personalizedcar. Besides that put every Saleen part on your car because trust me, you will be the happiest person in the whole wild world. Good luck man.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:16 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

I dont give a rats *** if you replicate a Saleen...imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...do what you like
Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I dig the kit, hate the price.

Also, if I got it I would have to fill the "Saleen" engraving in the back.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve O Chap

I know lots of people think it's really bootleg to put Cobraemblems on a non-Cobra Mustang... well, what about Saleen? Is it 'cool' to put a Saleen body kit (with SALEEN molded into the bumper) on a non-Saleen Mustang?

I just want to make sure I wouldn't be breaking any unwritten rules!
unwritten rules? bah! it's your car. do what you like to it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

Also there is a second aspect to this, you can't missrepresent your car's preformance. you can make a home Saleen Extreem but it must be as powerfull as a saleen extreem, then you can label it as such.
ummm... no.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

And by all that attention she will want to spend more time with you to make sure you are happyso you get 2 big upgrades out of the deal...the kit and a smile on your face when she says " the car and my hubby are mine".....LOL!!!!!!!! J/K J

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: Steve O Chap

Thanks for the input everyone... i LOVE the look of the Saleen kit, i'm just hoping i can convince the wifey that it'sneccessary.
Tell her it will help you pick up chicks j/k
Old 04-05-2008, 12:05 AM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

i just got my 08 vista blue metallic GT about 2 months ago and I plan on getting a saleen body kit for it.. i wanna get it at the best price possible..i also have a 1990 black notchback 5.0(new paintjob about 1 or 2 years old now) .. its got a few mods to it, including chrome ponies, cervinis cobra r hood, SLN spoiler, flowmaster exhaust and more.. I would love to have both, but I think i might have to sell the notch =( my first baby.. anyone interested?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:17 AM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

There are two types of car modifiers, tuners, and non tunners. tuners have an array of indevdual parts plus perhapse cars. Non tunners make specific cars, such as Clubman does for Mini Cooper. The point of Clubman is that they make their own specific car.

With the mustang though the companies that revolve around teh car are almost mutated in a way.

I'll start with Saleen, Saleen, is a TUNER that acts like a company that makes a specific car or array of cars, it just happens that they do this very very well. In addition to being a tuner and making cars they are also a legitimate auto manufacturer, their modified cars are Saleen mustangs legally and they also make the S7.

Next we have shelby, shelby is a company that makes specific cars, these were and are shelby mustangs, like saleen they have had their own less sucesfull atempts at being a car manufacturer. The situation becomes more confusing though because Shelby now has a speperate tuner like division that makes shelby preformance parts.

Anyway, all mustang modifiers are TUNERS and not specific car makers, except for Shelby at the moment, this includes Roush Steeda etc as tuners.
I don't understand the distinction you're making here. How are Roush and Saleen different than Shelby? But then again, I don't understand your complicated set of rules about what one can and can't do to their OWN car either.