Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your spoiler delete Mustangs (and cloth interiors....if ya got em) :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Post your spoiler deletes and cloth interiors.... :D

ORIGINAL: exx1976

They put cloth in Mustangs?

[:'(]
I only got cloth because my car was the cheapest on the lot ($23,800 new) The next model up was a black one, Identical to mine except it had leather seats....they wanted $3000 above what my car sold for.I wasn't going to pay $3000 for leather.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I got the cloth seats, since I live in central FL and its very hot here. My last car had a black leather interior. I got tired of sweating and sticking to the seats. Thats why I got cloth, and I like them very much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52635/724A551940E74752ABF81B9B644DBA45.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-16-2008, 01:34 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdg

I like the cloth seats. They're not cold as ice in the winter or hot as hell in the summer.
And anyone that has ever done a deadly-quick canyon cruise or takes really sharp turns also has an appreciation for cloth.

Half the reason I got mine in cloth.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Unfortunately, the cloth seats have those silly little ponies all over the center. On the V-6 I think they have the word Mustang all over.
That's too bad because they do grip better than leather and will feel much better on your thighs when you get into your car on a hot day wearing your surf trunks![:@]

If you have the Premium package I think you automatically get the "leather seats" which are only real leather in the seating part.
Has anyone ever seen a Premium with cloth?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

orion_240 the premiums all come with leather seats. You only get cloth if you get the deluxe GT, or get the V-6 deluxe model. The Gt has ponys on them, the v-6 says mustang on them.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Call me crazy but I prefer cloth over leather. Its not hot during the summer and its not cold in the winter.... No pleather look to it after some age (lets face it ford didnt put the best quality leather in the stangs), for the most part cloth is easier to mantain over the years.... Leather just reminds me of vinyl and I have had my share of those kinda seats and dont care for anything that shares its similarities
Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
chays446
2nd Gear Member

They put cloth in Mustangs?
yes.....the question should be "they put leather in mustangs?".....when did they start putting leather, not pleather or whatever you want to call it in mustangs..
Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
curtishd
1st Gear Member

Where did you get that ipod holder that is attached to your AC outlet in the middle of your dash above your radio?
ORIGINAL: GT Guy

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

I like my cloth. My last stang had leather and I didn't like it at all.
All those goodies on your car so I'm pretty sure you could afford the "leather" seats, any reason you went with the cloth ones?

Personally, I don't think cloth is a bad option because the leather on our seats is crap, 10,000 miles and mines showing wear and streching.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I would prefer cloth. I have had mostly leather and hate it!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Qusus
2nd Gear Member

I had a rental V6 with cloth and I didn't like it. It wasn't a high quality cloth like those in a GTI or anything so I was a bit turned off.

However, people raise good points, it's easier to maintain, better grip, more practical etc.

Personally, I find all leather seats to be more comfortable on long drives which I do pretty often.

Also, keep in mind the "leather" they put in Mustangs is of pretty low quality, the worst leather I've seen in a car really (though unlike what previous posters said I think it is real cowhide, at least for half the seat). It's barely a notch above BMW's standard pleather seats.

I'd go with leather since it's not that much more expensive and the spoiler delete.

Quick Reply: Post your spoiler delete Mustangs (and cloth interiors....if ya got em) :D