Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your spoiler delete Mustangs (and cloth interiors....if ya got em) :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Post your spoiler deletes and cloth interiors.... :D

I'm just going to go for some nice cloth racing seats[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

orion_240 the premiums all come with leather seats. You only get cloth if you get the deluxe GT, or get the V-6 deluxe model. The Gt has ponys on them, the v-6 says mustang on them.
I don't know if the same is true for premium GTs as premium V6's but my 6er is a premiumw/pony package and it came with cloth seats. So ugly and nubbly feeling that I had it redone in leather the first week I owned it.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oshkoshbajawsh

cloth is gross i think it makes modern cars look cheap.
gross? how?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:02 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

i have noticed that the cloth is a little harder to keep clean than in my other cars though....seems that everything sticks to it and doesn't wanna come off...dust, dirt, hair...

i didn't want leather because if you look at a mustang that's 5 years old, it looks like crap....cracked and faded....my mopar is 38 years old now and still has original seats in almost perfect condition....definitely don't build em to last now that's for sure......which is too bad, because i love leather seats...or vinyl or pleather...whatever you wanna call it

[/align]
Old 01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

I got the cloth seats, since I live in central FL and its very hot here. My last car had a black leather interior. I got tired of sweating and sticking to the seats. Thats why I got cloth, and I like them very much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52635/724A551940E74752ABF81B9B644DBA45.jpg[/IMG]

Do you wear short shorts or somwething?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

Promethius love the gauges, where did you get them from? and what functions do they serve
Old 01-17-2008, 12:26 AM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

+1 on cloth.

I stopped buying cars with leather after I sold my Contour SVT. Here in sunny CA leather is too freakin' hot in the summer and too freakin' cold in the winter. Give me nice comfy, warm in the winter/cool in the summer,grippy cloth seats like I have in my V6 premium. Don't need no butt toasters in my vert either.

And don't get me started on spoilers. I searched far and wide for my spoiler delete car. I just think spoilers spoil the lines on the car, especially the convertibles. I *do* like the looks ofa nice understated ducktail on the coupes, though.

Martin
Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 AM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

This is the only interior shot I have of my "spoiler delete/cloth interior" Mustang believe it or not:

I also prefer cloth for the above reasons of better grip and no temperature extremes. It saved me a pile of dough, too!

Sleeper2
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

I got the cloth seats, since I live in central FL and its very hot here. My last car had a black leather interior. I got tired of sweating and sticking to the seats. Thats why I got cloth, and I like them very much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52635/724A551940E74752ABF81B9B644DBA45.jpg[/IMG]
+ 1000 on that. Leather "holds the cold" in areas where it freezes and you get sweaty legs in the summer wearing shorts. It's a preference and has always been a problem for me buying a car. I MUST have a manual transmission and MUST have cloth seats. Problem is those cars generally don't have options so I end up going with aftermarket stereos etc. Just look at most of the stangs that came to lots. they were bloody automatics with leather. My wife has leather seats and neither of us like them but we had to have them because of the vehicle she wanted.

Cloth gets dirty and is harder to clean..ok. Just spray stain blocker on it every month. It's just a matter of personal preference and I don't need "fine corinthian leather" just to impress anyone. I'm the one that drives the car.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Cloth is harder to maintain because it stains easily. The reason a Leather GT is more expensive than a non Leather one is because the stock audio system and many other components are different from the Premium Package to the Deluxe Package. the difference is often not JUST leather but so much more.

Quick Reply: Post your spoiler delete Mustangs (and cloth interiors....if ya got em) :D