Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Bullitt pole "To mod or not to mod"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: First Bullitt pole "To mod or not to mod"

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

You have to keep a Bullitt stock or it's not a Bullitt. Seems like you could have saved some money by getting the GT and then moding that. But the future collectors value will be diminished if you mod a Bullitt. (Other than some simple cosmetics that can easily be removed)
This is not sarcasm but from that statement, do you think my car is no longer a Saleen if I add the Saleenblower and BMR suspension parts? You are putting a Whipple blower in your steeda car...it is still a Steeda to me ...maybe I took what you said in the wrong context...care to clarify
Old 01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

niggest reason to buy a bullitt (for me) HIGHLAND GREEN!!

damn i love that color
Old 01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SatinSilverStang

niggest reason to buy a bullitt (for me) HIGHLAND GREEN!!

damn i love that color
The color is beautiful especially in my garage lighting, i look at it constantly!!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Personally I would not mod it. If I were to mod it make it that factory pieces can be put back on. My brothers bullit has the euro clear lights on the back and k&N air filter. Other than those two pieces its stock. Mind you my brother is not into modding cars at all. He is the second owner and the original owner put those pieces on. Like everyone else said its your car. A good question for you. Is it a DD or weekend cruiser?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

You have to keep a Bullitt stock or it's not a Bullitt. Seems like you could have saved some money by getting the GT and then moding that. But the future collectors value will be diminished if you mod a Bullitt. (Other than some simple cosmetics that can easily be removed)
This is not sarcasm but from that statement, do you think my car is no longer a Saleen if I add the Saleenblower and BMR suspension parts? You are putting a Whipple blower in your steeda car...it is still a Steeda to me ...maybe I took what you said in the wrong context...care to clarify
I think what he means is that a Saleen, while a sweet vehicle, is similar to a Rousch, a Foose, etc.
Great looking, performing cars.
But the Bullitt is a car that pays homage to a particular vehicle, a special edition, a collectors item in a sense.
In my mind, it would be similar to buying the batmobile, and then modding it.
What's the point?
If modding the car is that important to me, I would buy something stock, or modded like a Saleen, and then take it from there.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I don't think the bullitt will become collector car status.

They are planning to make more than 7000 units this year. That's not rare. They are only going to make 2000 GT500KR which has a better chance.

I really like the SC mod for the bullitt. Because what the OP poll results say is that most people think when they come across a Bullitt, it is stock and no match for their modded GT. Having a blower on the Bullitt and keeping the exterior stock will suprise a lot of people and you will be grinning a lot more after the encounter.

Anyone know the current value of the 2001 Bullitt? kbb.com has it at $13,570 with 45000 miles, a loaded GT with 45000 miles is worth $12,570 and a Cobra with 45000 miles is listed at $16,030. A thousand bucks isn't worth being handicapped by keeping a mustang stock. Granted that gap may widen a little more but is a couple thousand bucks worth more than many years of modding fun. It isn't for me.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 PM
wishIhada5.0
2nd Gear Member

If it was me I would selectively mod it. I would do silverhorse racing louvers, rear black out, and maybe a cervinis billet grille painted or powder coated black (im still on the fence about the grille), if you would want to do wheels go for 18x10.5" anthracite DD'sout back and18x9" up front (Im pretty sure they come in 18x9 but dont hold me to it lol)that would be it for me as far as exterior mods go. Interior I would do some little stuff like billet AC/heat ***** and maybe a few other billet interior pieces but no A-pillar gauges or dash center gauges, just simple and clean. Power wise thats where the whole Bullitt sleeper effect comes into play.....if your check book can hold out I would do full forged internals with a kenne bell blower, with a heavy duty clutch set up and one piece driveshaft, (Bullitts already have 3.73's in em right?), kooks longtubes with a catted H pipe and stock axle backs just to keep things somewhat quiet and sneaky........thats just what I would do but its your car, have fun with it!!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Whoa......is THAT The New BULLITT.....Nice!!!!!