Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

Old 03-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

The 'lemon law' is a tricky deal. Basicly, the only way Ford will help you on the lemon law is if you have a persistant, unfixable problem. As long as they can fix your car's issues, they won't lemon law it. Obviously, Ford will try hard to keep a car from being lemon lawed. I have had a little experience with Ford and their 'lemon law', so I'm reporting with first-hand experience.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:30 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I have had no problems. My shaker 1000 has skipped a CD only twice so if it gets worse than I will take it in, other than that it has been perfect.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

One other thing; There should be a phone number to call for your state to request a packet for filing a lemon law claim. They will ask you what types of problems you've had and the service centers name is. The packet takes a week or two to arrive and has a ton of information... I can't stress enough how important it is to have everything documented correctly. Do not hint to the service center you are thinking about making a Lemon Law call, they will try to wiggle out of it anyway they can.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Loomis
1st Gear Member

The only problem I have had with mine are the coil packs.(knock on wood)
Old 03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
blank
2nd Gear Member

use the lemon law
Old 03-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Fatal Vision555

great find on the lemon law sites I would highly recommend viewing them and wish you luck in getting this problem resolved.

~OT somewhat: A lot of you have posted the Shaker systems going bad, I ordered a 1000 with mine what kind of problems should I be on the look out for???
Old 03-24-2005, 10:19 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Just want to let you know I have had problems with my Stang!!!
And like you I love my stang!!
I have had problems with my shaker system, I called the dealership today and they said they were suppose to have gotten my new amps in last Friday. I called Ford to let them know I was totally upset. I am not mad at the dealership it is not there fault. I have had my car for over 3 months now and it is also popping in the front end, they keep telling me that it was a rock stuck in it, but I think it is more then that, sad part is I work for the dealership.
I just wanted to tell you that you can also call your dealership or any ford dealership and ask for a buy back letter. Ford had to buy back a Sport Trac from me a few years ago because it stayed in the shop more than I drove it.
So far my Stang hasn't been as bad, but getting there.
When you fill out the form you send it to the address listed on the form, you also have to send copies of all the repair tickets with the form. Once they recieve the form they review the case then set up a date to phone you and ask you a few questions about your ordeal.
They will make a ruling on wheather Ford buys the vehicle back. These people do not work for Ford. The other opition they give you is to replace the vehicle, if Ford is not made to buy it back.
Just wanted to let you know there is another way to do it because sometimes the lemon law in some states is not worth a flip.
But hopefully things will work out for you and I.
Good luck.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:23 PM
rxdork

Just got my 05 GT last night and put 73 miles on it so far. Haven't noticed anything wrong yet. no probs
with the radio (did radio check and is a b-model). Hope everything works out for u guys with problems.
Stick with it.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Thanks.
I love my stang and hope things work out.
It is a keeper!!! Just have to make sure things get right.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:20 PM
dukenitro
1st Gear Member

What problems did u have with your shaker system?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?