Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 02:24 AM
GryGhst

Default Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

After having my shaker 1000 replaced twice (still broke), the gas tank replaced (still messed up), the limited slip diff re-done, the rear brakes re-done, the front struts replaced, and the transmission pulled for several leaks, I am beginning to think that I (we) have a lemon on my (our) hands. Now, before everyone starts throwing rocks, let me say that I love my car and still love my car even with all of its problems. I am just really disappointed in the obvious lack of craftsmanship from Ford. Good on the style designers, shame on the mechanical engineers. I have owned Fords all of my life: 65 stang, 66 stang, 84 Bronco II, 85 Ranger, 87 Bronco II, 87 T-bird turbo coupe, 87 stang, 90 stang vert, 92 Taurus, 94 Aerostar, 01 Escape, 04 Freestar (lots of mech problems here), and of course an 05 stang GT. It is a good thing that I like my car so much because it means that I will never have to buy another Ford for the rest of my life. I have owned my GT for a month but have only driven it for a week total. I am really starting to think that Ford put out a very pretty lemon with lots of potential. What do you think? [sm=boosign.gif]
Old 03-24-2005, 02:50 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

Have you been going to the same dealership for all your work? If so I would try taking it to a diff. Ford shop. Couldn't hurt to see if it helps.

I would also look into the Lemon laws to see if you qualify for a new car. I would be pissed. Good Luck.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

You received a lemon. Mine hasn't had but three problems and all were corrected but the radio. One a check engine light came on once stated that I had a bad spark plugs wires and it was false. This code was corrected and now no more check engine lights. I had a rattle at start up and thanks to Casper I printed the thread on how to fix it and brought it to Ford and they corrected it by installing two screws. I'm really sorry about your car because I have never been more please with another car in my life.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:46 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

I've had no problems at all
Old 03-24-2005, 09:24 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

The only issue I've had with mine is the radio and it was taken care of. Sorry to hear you've had such problems with yours. Hope they're able to get it resolved for you.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:36 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. My GT has been perfect so far. Knock on wood.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: GryGhst

After having my shaker 1000 replaced twice (still broke), the gas tank replaced (still messed up), the limited slip diff re-done, the rear brakes re-done, the front struts replaced, and the transmission pulled for several leaks, I am beginning to think that I (we) have a lemon on my (our) hands. Now, before everyone starts throwing rocks, let me say that I love my car and still love my car even with all of its problems. I am just really disappointed in the obvious lack of craftsmanship from Ford. Good on the style designers, shame on the mechanical engineers. I have owned Fords all of my life: 65 stang, 66 stang, 84 Bronco II, 85 Ranger, 87 Bronco II, 87 T-bird turbo coupe, 87 stang, 90 stang vert, 92 Taurus, 94 Aerostar, 01 Escape, 04 Freestar (lots of mech problems here), and of course an 05 stang GT. It is a good thing that I like my car so much because it means that I will never have to buy another Ford for the rest of my life. I have owned my GT for a month but have only driven it for a week total. I am really starting to think that Ford put out a very pretty lemon with lots of potential. What do you think? [sm=boosign.gif]
If the car spends more than 30 days in the shop, in its first year. You can call it a lemon and there is legal recourse.
http://www.carlemon.com/ - Check out the link at the bottom for each state's specific terms as they apply.
or
http://www.dmv.org/lemon-law.php - Pick your state and get the forms needed. Be sure to have EVERYTHING documented. Don't let the dealer get sloppy on it's paperwork.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:17 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

^ I would definitely look up that website and check out what you can do. I've read about people having problems here on the site with their 05's, but nothing that drastic. If you're having all those problems, I'd pull for the lemon laws to get you a new GT or something.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Mine only had the shaker problem so far (knock, knock)
I second the find another service dealership.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:11 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

^ I would definitely look up that website and check out what you can do. I've read about people having problems here on the site with their 05's, but nothing that drastic. If you're having all those problems, I'd pull for the lemon laws to get you a new GT or something.

I second the lemon law

Quick Reply: Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?