Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil, from regular to synthetic?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Oil, from regular to synthetic?

This past Dec. I had the dealership change the oil and put synthetic in. It was a little more than a regular oil change, but I don't mind spending more if it's going to help make my car last longer.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:37 AM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

It is weird to hear that Ford doesn't recommend the full synthetic. I don't understand why. I haven't had my first oil change yet, but I am definitely planning on using the full synthetic. Always have in other cars (except for my '66 Galaxie, where I just use a Havoline 10w30 and change once per year, which is about 2000 miles). I guess I will be prepared for them to try and talk me out of it!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Ford offers a synthentic blend (that's what comes in the our cars) and a full synthetic (which you pay a little extra for). I switched to full synthetic at 1,000 miles and now I use Fords full synthetic oil.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well here in Michigan it is offered at the dealer (you have to request it) and they see nothing wrong with using it!

Now I am not saying that I get it done at the dealer (have been changing it myself since I bought it) but I am good friends with the service manager at Rochester Huntington Ford and they do offer it!. I would use Ford motorcraft filters as well.....they make a quality filter! Mobil 1 makes one as well.....K&N....etc

ORIGINAL: SoFlaGT

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Ford uses full syn in the oil changes from the dealer. Synthetic oil meets and /or exceeds any requirements the maunfacturers require for motor oil! I have been using that since the first oil change. J
Not when I got my first oil change! They tried everything they could to talk me out of going full syn.

I guess I'm going to do my own from now on ... can get the oil (Mobil1) at Costco pretty cheap. Just have to figure out what filter I want to use.
[/align]
Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
VistablueDrew
1st Gear Member

Well since the shop that works on my car has the 2nd fastest mustang in the country and they use the ford synthetic blend, I will stick to that.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

The best filter on the market is the ford racing filters, but the motorcraft is second and is a lot cheaper. If you want the best, pay for a case of 12, but the motorcrafts are pretty damn good themselves.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i used motorcraft the 1st oil changenow im goin to switch toroyle purpleand K&N oil filteror should i used the ford oil filter???
Old 01-20-2008, 09:40 AM
VistablueDrew
1st Gear Member

Royal Purple I heard was no good for the mustangs. The shop I go to said to only use Motorcraft synthetic blend.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:50 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VistablueDrew

Royal Purple I heard was no good for the mustangs. The shop I go to said to only use Motorcraft synthetic blend.

I'll never use RP again. It "disappeared" when I used it in my 4.6l truck.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

i used motorcraft the 1st oil changenow im goin to switch toroyle purpleand K&N oil filteror should i used the ford oil filter???
From the comparisons that I have seen, the motorcraft filter is better than the K&N and is cheaper...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil, from regular to synthetic?