MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   What Mod Would You Do First?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/395770-what-mod-would-you-do-first.html)

Allstar 01-19-2008 02:56 AM

What Mod Would You Do First??

Out of those what would you pick for the setup in my sig?? And if you have any other ideas im all ears.

06Saleen3V 01-19-2008 03:11 AM

RE: What Mod Would You Do First??

I voted the intake/tune...but if you can do the tint as well, do that ASAP

mygt500 01-19-2008 03:18 AM

Intake and tune best bang for the buck.....maybe gears after!

DJStile 01-19-2008 03:32 AM

I think it all depends on what you prefer more...appearance or power. I had the Stangmods HID kit on my old '01 mustang and absolutely loved them, eventually getting them on my new '08.

Also, my $.02 on the AVIC (and any in-dash GPS for that matter) is you might want to really think about it. While the AVIC might be able to have its maps updated,there is no way to update the way routes are displayed with advances in GPS technology. You might want to consider a seperate GPS (Magellan, Garmin, etc.) and just get a DVD player for the dash (MUCH cheaper as well!).

For power, everything I've read suggests you can get noticable and fairly substantial hp gains for under $700 so personally, I think that's going to be my first major mod. Again just my $.02, be careful though, I'm starting to believe everyone who says modding gets addictive! haha

r3velation 01-19-2008 03:33 AM

lol 100% intake with tune. hahah. i guess it really is intake and tune ftw. good times.

157dB 01-19-2008 08:38 AM

Intake and tune.
Be sure and ask which is best, then buy.

artmx47 01-19-2008 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: DJStile

I think it all depends on what you prefer more...appearance or power. I had the Stangmods HID kit on my old '01 mustang and absolutely loved them, eventually getting them on my new '08.

Also, my $.02 on the AVIC (and any in-dash GPS for that matter) is you might want to really think about it. While the AVIC might be able to have its maps updated,there is no way to update the way routes are displayed with advances in GPS technology. You might want to consider a seperate GPS (Magellan, Garmin, etc.) and just get a DVD player for the dash (MUCH cheaper as well!).

For power, everything I've read suggests you can get noticable and fairly substantial hp gains for under $700 so personally, I think that's going to be my first major mod. Again just my $.02, be careful though, I'm starting to believe everyone who says modding gets addictive! haha

Im looking for one of those DVD's only player...not interested in GPS...does anyone know something about them?

artmx47 01-19-2008 10:52 AM

By the way, I went with the tint first and then the HID's;)

deekum1627 01-19-2008 10:55 AM

i would get the tint or and hood scoop then cai and tune when i get mine lol

Rdot9 01-19-2008 11:41 AM

Cai/tune then tints, that's what i'm doing pretty soon, when it starts to show signs of gettting warm out again:)