Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new fenders -- Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: new fenders -- Pictures

Mike, they are looking good, however, in the state they are in, the picture are not doing any justice for them. Once they are painted and car is done, I would love to see a picture of them.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Caution

I have gotten quite a few PM's about this so this is why I'm posting and by no means do I intend to be rude in anyway. The fenders in this thread are not like mine nor were they manufactured by us here at Automotive Dezignz. Our fenders are currently pending patent. Here are a few things about my fenders ...

1 -- The fenders are cut at the body line to flow with the the vehicles natural contour
2 -- The whole fender is 1 piece steel functional (no grill inserted)
3 -- The vent opening from the edge to the functional vent follows the radius of curvature of the body (it's not flat and just bent in).
4 -- The vent opening is symmetrical (same size from top to bottom)

Jay, I love your car, but I have to say that your statement is not completely correct. Your fenders DO have a grill inserted. That piece that is drilled is not the oem fender, but is a piece of steel screen that is welded in. There is no way possible to stretch that much metal out of the OEM fender to eliminate any welded in steel, and that is not individually drilled holes in the original fender. It looks bad *** though, but I thought I'd clarify this.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Whats up Scotte -- these are not OEM fenders they are 1 piece steel functional

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

ORIGINAL: Caution

I have gotten quite a few PM's about this so this is why I'm posting and by no means do I intend to be rude in anyway. The fenders in this thread are not like mine nor were they manufactured by us here at Automotive Dezignz. Our fenders are currently pending patent. Here are a few things about my fenders ...

1 -- The fenders are cut at the body line to flow with the the vehicles natural contour
2 -- The whole fender is 1 piece steel functional (no grill inserted)
3 -- The vent opening from the edge to the functional vent follows the radius of curvature of the body (it's not flat and just bent in).
4 -- The vent opening is symmetrical (same size from top to bottom)

Jay, I love your car, but I have to say that your statement is not completely correct. Your fenders DO have a grill inserted. That piece that is drilled is not the oem fender, but is a piece of steel screen that is welded in. There is no way possible to stretch that much metal out of the OEM fender to eliminate any welded in steel, and that is not individually drilled holes in the original fender. It looks bad *** though, but I thought I'd clarify this.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Mike, those are the fenders made by sarona right? how much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking?