Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Price? CDC Classic Chin Spoiler (GT)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Felstang

Default Best Price? CDC Classic Chin Spoiler (GT)

Hey all,

Once again I am trying to figure out where everyone is getting some of these great deals. I'm looking for the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler for my 07 GT. I want it non-textured and painted to match my car. I'm seeing it for no less than about $380. I realize that to get quality paint/seals/parts you have to spend money. However, $400 for a chin spoiler? Any thoughts would help. I've searched ebay and a few other google'd spots.

Thanks again,
-FS
Old 01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
bigherm00
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Best Price? CDC Classic Chin Spoiler (GT)

If you want it delivered ready to install, already painted then you'll probably not find anything much cheaper than that unless by some chance you got some type of discount for buying several big items. But if you call around and find someone that will paint it and have it ready for less than $180, you could save a little by buying the spoiler alone for around $210. I belive the best price I've found on it was around $210 but I can't remember if that had free shipping or not. I'm positive I can get it painted/cleared and everything for less than it would cost to go prepainted. But the convenience of it coming in and installing is very tempting.

Kinda like the chaser sequential lights. I think the kit is like $140, but the guy lives like 30 miles up the road and does the installation for $40, so I'm thinking about just making a day of that and letting the designer install them for me.

I'll get you some links to different sites that sell the CDC Classic so you can compare prices if you'd like.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

LMPerformance $350
They sponsor the site so there might be a discount code.
http://www.lmperformance.com/15881/73.html

I bought mine unpainted for $225 American Muscle
http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdcclchsp2.html
Old 01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

350 painted with free shipping is the best ive ever found, look-http://www.lmperformance.com/15881/73.html
Old 01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

repost, my bad
Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Felstang

Thanks everyone! Bigherm00, I appreciate it but I feel like I'm trying to get blood from a rock. It just grinds me to pay 140 for paiting a plastic stick. Even if they put like 9 coats on it. But I guess that's paint.

I'm looking to get it within about 3 weeks so there is some time left. If something jumps out at anyone, please let me know

Otherwise perhaps I need to buck up.[sm=violin.gif]

Thanks!
-FS
Old 01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Get the textured black one for $275. Add a CDC shaker hood scoop to round out the bi-color.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Felstang

Thanks everyone! Bigherm00, I appreciate it but I feel like I'm trying to get blood from a rock. It just grinds me to pay 140 for paiting a plastic stick. Even if they put like 9 coats on it. But I guess that's paint.

I'm looking to get it within about 3 weeks so there is some time left. If something jumps out at anyone, please let me know

Otherwise perhaps I need to buck up.[sm=violin.gif]

Thanks!
-FS
Painting car parts isn't like painting old lawn furniture. You want it to look like a factory paint job, it's gonna cost you. Sanding, priming, painting, clearcoating, buffing - that stuff takes time and skill to look good. Tha's what you're paying for.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Felstang

This is the mother of delayed responses!

I hear what you mean about paint/cost/business, etc. however my intention was to at least check. You're correct about paint and professional services, and it makes sense. I just don't want to assume the sticker price is the only price. For example, I went ahead and found the Roush louvers for about $75 off. This was their standard price. Pre-painted by Roush even. The CDC classic spoiler I did have to bite the bullet. Same with my actual stang. I also saved about 5K on my stang as well.

I've also worked for 3 different car/motorcycle aftermarket shops/manufacturers. They're making a killing on these parts. It never hurts to ask.

Regards
Old 04-17-2008, 02:12 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

americanmuscle.com with our discount code, 221.84.

Quick Reply: Best Price? CDC Classic Chin Spoiler (GT)