Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ford purchase, went with the Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:32 PM
BullittLou

Default First Ford purchase, went with the Bullitt

I've watched the Mustang for years, but could never pull the trigger being a GM guy and all.... In particular, I really liked the early 90 LXs and the 03 Cobra. Today, I picked up an 08 Black Bullitt. It's pretty sweet. Lots of cool extras and a "sleeper" look, yet mean.... I read a few posts here and it seems people love it or hate it, mostly hate it. I imagine that is because it'sno frills and not too much extra horsepower. Either way, it's nice to be here and I look forward to reading posts and meeting new people.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 PM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First Ford purchase, went with the Bullitt

The Bullit is good for those who want a car reminiscent of the one from the movie, not for people looking for a bunch of thrills and such. I personally like it quite a bit, I would just get it in the proper color of green though. But yeah, congrats on the purchase and put up some pics sometime.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Welcome. You will find many opinionated folks here and I am one of them. I am a pro-original supporter. I am not a huge fan of the Bullit mainly because it is too rustic for me with the lack of a spoiler and the darker rims among other things. I prefer the classiness of the premium GT but hey, the Bullit is all Ford so welcome to the club.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

Out of curiosity, did you also drive the "stock" GT? If so , how do you think they compare regarding handling, acceleration, ride, etc.?
Great ride, and have fun with it. Count me as one who likes the Bullit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/84814/4335E6EF06F347ECBAA9972944308F7A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
BullittLou

notsofast, I did drive both of them. I didn't drive either very hard but the Bullitt was a bit more responsive. I noticed it was a much tighter feel. I've had Vettes and F-Bodies all my life and this car ranks right up there in my book. My 05 C6 A4 ran 13.1 stock and I'm expecting a very similar time with this beast given the manual tranny and 373s.

Funny story, I was going to buy a Blue GT. We did a lot of back and forth trying to find the right car, etc. This morning I went in, finally, the deal was done. My sales guy said did you notice the ding in the car? I said, no it must be pretty discrete because I did look. Well, it must have happened this morning because it was the size of a quarter and right in the middle of the passenger rear quarter. The car that did it was the Bullitt, I looked at it, liked it and the rest is history....
Old 01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Black_06GTStang
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the puchase and for finally seeing the light and coming over from GM!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

notsofast, I did drive both of them. I didn't drive either very hard but the Bullitt was a bit more responsive. I noticed it was a much tighter feel. I've had Vettes and F-Bodies all my life and this car ranks right up there in my book. My 05 C6 A4 ran 13.1 stock and I'm expecting a very similar time with this beast given the manual tranny and 373s.

Should be a little more responsive than a stock gt, with the cai, prem. fuel. As for a low 13 sec. pass? A little more mods will have to follow.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Way to go!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Congrat's, and welcome to the Forum.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
SlickSlvr

Hello, and welcome to the club! So you had F-bods before too! My last car was a '98 TranAm..good car but evenafter tons of mods, I didn't like the lack of nimbleness the car had. It still just felt huge, longand unpleasant to drive on a daily basis. The Mustang is more compact, yet still has a V8, so i am back to Ford now (I had an '85 Mustang 5.0 at one time-last year for the 4-barrel holley carb before they went fuel-injected). Yes, I know a lot of guys are brand-loyal to either Ford or Chevy/GM, but not me. I am just partial to American muscle cars, and will have nothing but! I almost went for the Bullit myself. I especially like the fact it comes stock with 3.73 gears! But, even though it retails for around $31k, dealerships around here want to gouge you, cause it's a special edition...I have heard of some paying as much as $38,000 for one around here. I aint playin that game. I just got a GT instead. But glad to see you got one, congrats !

Quick Reply: First Ford purchase, went with the Bullitt