Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red or Blue LED's Radar under the Hood Scoop

Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
elg707

Default Red or Blue LED's Radar under the Hood Scoop

Hi Guys I have a question for you, or I want to know your opinion on this idea that I have. My mustang is 2005 red interiors, Silver color, with black 12" racing strips. With a ROUSH hood scoop, and I saw yesterday the video of the new knight rider 3000 mustang and has the red rader light in the scoop inlet.

So would it be a good idea to put one in mine? maybe where the black plastic faceplate is, or on the roof of the scoop inlet, so its sees onle the shadow of the beem.

Using the alarm to operate it, since it is illegal to have it on while driving, when you arm the alarm, the LED beging to operate and when you desarm, its stop.

So what is your opinion on this idea?
Should I get it?
Would it look great?
RED or BLUE LED'S?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Red or Blue LED's Radar under the Hood Scoop

So would it be a good idea to put one in mine?
Completely retarded idea actually
Should I get it?
Would it look great?
Stupid idea
No, not unless you are in to riced out cars
No, it would look really gay.

I hope this helps you make the right decision.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Black_06GTStang
2nd Gear Member

It's your car. Do what you like, but I wouldn't.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

It'll be both rice and a battery waste, and we all know how much of a job the Sucker500 is ALREADY doing at zapping all our battery power away...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Unless your car looks similiar to the one in the show, it's gonna look dumb. But go ahead it's your car. Be sure to post a clip when your done.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Please not the following "editorial" is simply my opinion and is open to intelligent debate/discussion (haha - ):

There's a big difference between "classic, Americana, throwback tributes", and "pop-culture, flash-in-the-pan, shake your head, idiotic tributes". The difference? A little bit of time, and enough people to remember and care.

For example:

Cool Tributes:
Ford Mustang as Steve McQueen's Bullitt Car

Dodge Charger as The General Lee

Cadillac Miller-Meteor as the Ectomobile (little bit of a stretch, but I'd have to give it a nod of respect)

Any kind of Transformers insignias / tributes (Pre-2007)

AND....
Pontiac Trans Am KITT (#1 in my book)

Not Cool (maybe in time, but not now):
Fast 'n the Furious tributes

Transformers insignias / tributes (Post-2007)

Gone in 60 Seconds (2000) Eleanor
(although now that we're seeing less of this hype, it's moving it's way back into the cool category, IMO)

AND

A single red light trying to duplicate the Knight Industries Three-Thousand (new KITT), a car that otherwise really doesn't really match yours in anyway.

Sorry, JMO!

The new Knight Rider hype will be like Eleanor and the new Transformers hype. Give it some time, and let some of the "flash in the pan" effect die down, see what the movie/series does, and then if you like it, do it right - do it all the way!!. I understand most people can't afford the GT500KR (hahaha), but get the body kits, get the paint job, remove your emblems (avoids the GT500 posing issue, but better yet is a true throw back to the original Knight Rider) and then put the (RED, RED, RED - not Blue...never, never Blue [:@]) light in it, and drive it with pride.

<gets off soapbox>
<puts on flame retardant suit>
<goes back to work>

Cheers!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elg707

Hi Guys I have a question for you, or I want to know your opinion on this idea that I have. My mustang is 2005 red interiors, Silver color, with black 12" racing strips. With a ROUSH hood scoop, and I saw yesterday the video of the new knight rider 3000 mustang and has the red rader light in the scoop inlet.

So would it be a good idea to put one in mine?
Should I get it?
Would it look great?
You're not one of those guys that ran out and got a Teenage Mutang Ninja Turtles tattoo when that was cool for about a minute back in the day, are you? I think the KITT lights would look really, really lame unless you're also doing the black Trans-Am body kit conversion.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!! BACK AWAY FROM THE RICER LIGHTS........IM JUST SAYING........
Old 01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

[sm=forgetit.gif][sm=badidea.gif]
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

Look, I'm not sure how it would look ona 2005+, but on my old red '01 V6, I installed a red LED strip around the pony but sort of behind it so when you flipped the switch, it looked like the pony had a red glow around it. I know people will probably tell you it's ricey, but it was really unique (no Knight Rider at the time lol ) but everyone who saw it said it looked really cool and different, and here in NJ where mustangs are a dime a dozen, I wanted something subtle yet unique to add to my 'stang. I'm not sure how it would look in the hood scoop, but ricey or not, I liked that old addon, so like some people said, do whatever you think will look best...afterall, something like a light can ALWAYS be removed if you add it and absolutely hate it!

good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Red or Blue LED's Radar under the Hood Scoop