Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ripped on my 05' GT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:45 PM
BigDaddyArt

Default RE: Ripped on my 05' GT!

Interesting. What statute is this Z clause under. You certainly may be right, I just can't find it anywhere. Is it a NY law? That still seems logically wrong that they would let you get a deposit back unless it wasn't actually holding a specific vehicle, or price. I mean, when you put that deposit down, for 3 days, someone could come by and offer $40,000 for that mustang, then you could come by and get your deposit back and the dealer doesn't have your deposit or that guys $40,000. I understand that 2 hours is a very short period of time, but that law still puts the dealer at a disadvantage. If they get nothing out of holding a vehicle for you, why would they do it? I know I wouldn't.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

I didnt post the thread to argue with people who dont know what they are talking about,..

I posted it because I want people to know about that dealership. DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!

Either way, I am taking them to small claims & reporting them to the BBB.
Ive done the research & it IS against the law, if you care so much, maybe you should look into it or maybe I should fax you a copy of the "Z" clause.

Big Daddy, Law school or not, you dont know either. Its a law & in WRITING. Ive read it. My brother works for a dealership & brought me the letter. The customer is protected by the law here.

Unfortunately I paid the stupid jagoffs there in cash.
Its only $200, no biggie, I just dont want them getting away with this with other people. They deserve all the bad mouthing Im going to give them.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:52 PM
BigDaddyArt

I did look into it, and I can't find any mention of this 'Z' clause. I wasn't trying to be a dick, I was just wondering what the z clause is a clause to.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

I dont know what statute it is under man, Im no law student.

But I read the entire clause that my brother brought to me. He tells me that when he tries to keep peoples deposits & they get taken to small claims, they have NEVER won because of this clause. This state protects the cunsumer in this case 100% of the time speaking from my brother experience in this profession.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

Sorry big daddy, you are the one that is wrong. It is a law concerning buyers remorse. Sometimes dealers get people so excited they sign stuff & get themselves in too deep. When they have a second to think about it, they change their minds & have a right (within 3 days) to withdraw from the contract.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

Thank you Aongus,...........I was begining to think we didnt have anyone who knows what they are talking about. People who arent sure, shouldnt really speak so positively about a subject they DONT know about.

DONT BUY FROM RAMP FORD!
Old 03-25-2005, 07:22 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

I have heard about the three day period as well, but I have never seen it written anywhere (I was a dealer mechanic for Lincoln-Mercury for about 4 years and heard of this a few times).. As far as Big Daddy goes, cut him a little slack, he didn't slam anyone, the poor guy is just looking to read the law for himself.

If you've done the research it shouldn't be a issue to send him the data
Old 03-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aongus

Sorry big daddy, you are the one that is wrong. It is a law concerning buyers remorse. Sometimes dealers get people so excited they sign stuff & get themselves in too deep. When they have a second to think about it, they change their minds & have a right (within 3 days) to withdraw from the contract.
It's my understanding that the 3-day recission law only comes into effect if you did your transaction away from the dealership, like at your house or another location. But it is also my understanding that when you make a deal at the dealership - it does not come a deal until the "wheels roll over the curb" (dealership lingo). I think you should get your deposit back, but if you signed the papers, why didn't you take possession of the car right then and there?
Have everything well documented if you think you have any chance at all of winning this.

Then, I found this on the internet...

Is there a three-day rescission law regarding automobiles? Do I have a right to return an automobile within 72 hours of when I bought it? If I have buyers remorse regarding an automobile I purchased what rights do I have?

There is NO three-day rescission law that applies to motor vehicle purchases. You do NOT have a right to return the vehicle because you regret purchasing the vehicle or have decided it doesn't meet your needs or you cannot afford it. Once you purchase the vehicle you assume responsibility for it. Some automobile sellers may have policies that allow you to return the vehicle within a certain number of days, but usually you may return the vehicle only for credit towards the purchase of a different vehicle. Please note that this is a policy set by the seller and is NOT required by law.

If you feel that a seller misrepresented the vehicle or has violated motor vehicle dealer requirements, please contact Ford.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

And here is more on the subject....

THREE DAY RIGHT TO CANCEL PURCHASES
Many consumers mistakenly believe that they have three days to back out of any purchase they make. However, there are very few instances in which this right applies.
They are:

1. After certain home solicitation sales buyers have three-day right to cancel only if:

the seller personally solicits the sale; and

the buyer agrees to purchase the goods or services at a home other than the seller's home; and

either all or part of the price is payable in installments or, if you pay cash for the goods or services the seller provides a loan for you or helps you get a loan to pay the purchase price.
If all of the above are true, the seller is required to give you a Notice of Cancellation at the time of purchase which tells you that you may cancel your agreement to purchase the goods or services prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of the sales transaction. You must mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of your Notice or any other notice, or send a telegram, by the cancellation date the seller has written on your Notice.

The Federal Trade Commission's Cooling-Off Rule also gives you, the buyer, a three-day right to cancel if:

• the sale is in the buyer's home, workplace or dormitory, or in a facility rented for a short time by the seller (hotels, motels, convention centers, fairgrounds, restaurants); and

• the purchase price is $25.00 or more. Exceptions: You do not have a three-day right to cancel a purchase even though the sale occurs in your home, workplace, dormitory or rented facility if:

you already have an account with the seller, and the seller's primary business is to sell goods or services at a fixed location; or,

you and the seller negotiated the purchase at a fixed location where the seller offers or exhibits goods or services.

the goods or services you purchase are not primarily for personal, family, or household purposes; or

the goods or services you purchase are needed to meet an emergency; or

the purchase involves your request for repairs or maintinance; or

the purchase is real estate, insurance, or securities; or

the purchase is a motor vehicle sold at a temporary location if the seller has a permanent place of business; or

the purchase is arts or crafts sold at fairs, or other locations.
2. Other transactions which give you a three-day right to cancel:

services to be rendered in the future, such as credit services; and

discount buying club services.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:41 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Hey Cappi, if it's the law, go get'em man. I hate people who pull this $hit and think you'll lay down and just walk away! Not me! If it's the law, beleive you me, I will get my money back. Hell, I'd even post an ad in my (dealer's) local paper, with all the details, for everyone to read! [sm=guilty.gif]Word of mouth will cost these picks more than your $200! Standup for yourself and don't take their crap!

Dave...

Quick Reply: Ripped on my 05' GT!