Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions About Several Suspension Parts

Old 01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Questions About Several Suspension Parts

Please let us know how your install goes. I have been considering CJ's for similarwork (suspension, gears, DS)and I am interested in how your experience goes.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jlaurens06gt

Please let us know how your install goes. I have been considering CJ's for similarwork (suspension, gears, DS)and I am interested in how your experience goes.
I sure will update this thread when I install the stuff.

Any more opinions?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Note on CJ's in Harrisburg - they are mainly a parts reseller/distributor. Their shop is fairly small but their warehouse is giant. I thought they did real good work when they installed my 4.10s but its not set up as a service shop, i.e. you walk into the showroom and talk to the sales guys to get your car taken over to the service bays. Kind of weird. For example, there is no night dropoff convience - no drop box for the keys, no forms to fill out. You kind of have to make prior arrangements. But like I say - they have a lot of experience and do good work.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

I've never been to CJ... but one of there guys... Bill (if I remember) was at a track rental I attended.... he and I ran 3x... great guy.... and helped me out when I had a tranny issue @ the track. Seemed to know his stuff
Old 01-24-2008, 09:40 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

Note on CJ's in Harrisburg - they are mainly a parts reseller/distributor. Their shop is fairly small but their warehouse is giant. I thought they did real good work when they installed my 4.10s but its not set up as a service shop, i.e. you walk into the showroom and talk to the sales guys to get your car taken over to the service bays. Kind of weird. For example, there is no night dropoff convience - no drop box for the keys, no forms to fill out. You kind of have to make prior arrangements. But like I say - they have a lot of experience and do good work.
I'll call them before to check if they would install my parts.

If not, I'll have them do the gears, then I'll get my suspension parts and udp's installed somewhere else.
Any recommendations about shops in central PA that install mustang parts?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

What do you guys think about the upper strut mounts?

As far as I know, Ford recommends changing them whenever the front suspension was disassembled.
But they are expensive, so are they really necessary?

Are they worth the $300? (Steeda). Are there other brands that sell them for less? And still be good quality?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh
As far as I know, Ford recommends changing them whenever the front suspension was disassembled.
Are they worth the $300? (Steeda). Are there other brands that sell them for less? And still be good quality?
I did install the J&M Camber (~$230)plates/strut mounts. They seem to be working great. But I wouldn't say they are necessary. You have the camber bolts so the only reason to get them would be for the more heavy duty mount. From what I heard, the latest stockers from Ford are just fine. Some of the earlier stock strut mounts were prone to early wear out resulting in popping noises.

Regards CJs - I'll call them before to check if they would install my parts.
If not, I'll have them do the gears, then I'll get my suspension parts and udp's installed somewhere else.
Any recommendations about shops in central PA that install mustang parts?
I'm pretty sure they will be quite happy to install all your new mods. Also, I know there is a Mustang Performance shop in Dillsburg. I have not been there but Bill at CJ's recommended them for Dyno work. Also talked to another Stang owner who had them install Nitrous, he raved about them. I don't know the name of the shop though, I'll have to look them up soon.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Speed shop installed my springs and struts and used the original mounts. Said he had done the same with other S197's with no problems. So far so good on mine.