Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Plan for Mustang GT

Old 01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X-Plan for Mustang GT

my dad works for chevron and i bought my car using the x-plan but i am unsure what the rules of friends and so on are about who gets to use it
Old 01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

my mom's company used to offer the xplan, so she went through a couple tauruses and sables for a pretty good deal....her company is yellow transportation and there's no afiliation with ford....perhaps why they don't have it anymore...

[/align]
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

ORIGINAL: 08mustanggt

i used the x-plan on my 08 mustang purchase,one of my customer is retired from ford and let me use one of his pins,i had a little trouble getting him on the phone when i was making the deal, so the salesman says for 50 bucks he has some one who will let me use one of his pin numbers. i said wtf is that legal he said we do it all the time,and i said ah no
He's trying to make an easy $50 off of you, because they can give a certain amount of pin numbers to family/friends each year. I forget how many.
Its two a year I think. when i worked for ford and used dplan it was the same limit per year. saw luckydawgs post so I guess its4 for the xplan and 2 for the dplan
Old 01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

I used X plan on my 'vert. Saved about 5k.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

I used the X plan as well. A neighbor of a friend helped out. I bought when Ford was offering rebates and the x plan, to be frank, saved me $32 more than a non x plan deal i had with a dealership 50 miles away. If you have a good deal, what you will find with x plan is that the dealer doesn't try and get their $399-$599 "admin fee" at the bottom of the sales agreement. I've only paid that fee on Hondas because they know someone will be around the corner to buy the car if you don't. With the Ford dealers, if you show them your back, you will be surprised how quickly the admin fee goes away. X plan saved me "negotiation time" which is a huge plus. I didn't need to fight over the admin fee so i guess for peace of mind it's worth it
Old 01-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: landon.moss

my mom's company used to offer the xplan, so she went through a couple tauruses and sables for a pretty good deal....her company is yellow transportation and there's no afiliation with ford....perhaps why they don't have it anymore...

[/align]
Actually there is an affiliation. Yellow is a supplier of Ford. They supply transportation.
Many people make the mistake of thinking only in terms of parts and not services suppliers.
The majority of people who are eligble for X-Plan dont know it.
Check with your Human Resources Department.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torque_is_good

I used the X plan as well. A neighbor of a friend helped out. I bought when Ford was offering rebates and the x plan, to be frank, saved me $32 more than a non x plan deal i had with a dealership 50 miles away. If you have a good deal, what you will find with x plan is that the dealer doesn't try and get their $399-$599 "admin fee" at the bottom of the sales agreement. I've only paid that fee on Hondas because they know someone will be around the corner to buy the car if you don't. With the Ford dealers, if you show them your back, you will be surprised how quickly the admin fee goes away. X plan saved me "negotiation time" which is a huge plus. I didn't need to fight over the admin fee so i guess for peace of mind it's worth it
Uhm, hi Frank.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

ORIGINAL: torque_is_good

Uhm, hi Frank.
Ok, someone had to say it. If i said "surely it will save you money"

would you say, "yes, and don't call me shirley" ?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

I have two X plans a year, so does my wife, for a total of four a year.Both through are jobs. Neither of us works for Ford. I don't think I can give mine away, as we don't work for Ford.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the replies! The X-Plan sounds like the way to go...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: X-Plan for Mustang GT