Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Plan for Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default X-Plan for Mustang GT

Do you have to work for a partner company of Ford to take advantage of the X-Plan? The Ford website states that friends and neighbors are eligible...

"The New Vehicle Purchase Plan for Friends and Neighbors (X-Plan) is offered by the Ford Motor Company to encourage employees and retirees to promote Ford Motor Company products among their friends and neighbors." "Through the X-Plan, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated four personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they many give to eligible friends and neighbors to purchase discounted vehicles."

So it sounds like anyone can use the X-Plan if they can get a PIN number from a Ford employee or retiree. Has anyone used the X-Plan with no affiliation with Ford?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Plan for Mustang GT

I used it through my company. There are many companies that have agreements with Ford to offerthe X-plan as part of their benifits.There are a lot of Ford employees where I live, and they give the pins to anyone. If you know a Ford employee they can get it for you if you ask. Also active duty, and retired military can get X-plan pins too.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

This is true..I got mine because I am military...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i was going to use X-Plan. but i got a 2008 gt/cs on order for under X-Plan. gatta haggle them down.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Yeah, you can get them lower than X-plan if you're a savvy customer... make sure you know what your talking about in regards to pricing, do your research, be patient and persistant and you'll get a good deal.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
swata
2nd Gear Member

two magic words

Invoice
Holdback

[sm=noooo.gif]
Old 01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

lol...dealer holdback...I think Edmunds has a list of the different hold back amount/percentages from all of the major manufacturers...but hey all we care about here are fords
Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 PM
08mustanggt
1st Gear Member

i used the x-plan on my 08 mustang purchase,one of my customer is retired from ford and let me use one of his pins,i had a little trouble getting him on the phone when i was making the deal, so the salesman says for 50 bucks he has some one who will let me use one of his pin numbers. i said wtf is that legal he said we do it all the time,and i said ah no
Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08mustanggt

i used the x-plan on my 08 mustang purchase,one of my customer is retired from ford and let me use one of his pins,i had a little trouble getting him on the phone when i was making the deal, so the salesman says for 50 bucks he has some one who will let me use one of his pin numbers. i said wtf is that legal he said we do it all the time,and i said ah no
He's trying to make an easy $50 off of you, because they can give a certain amount of pin numbers to family/friends each year. I forget how many.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I used xplan for my 07 Gt. I got a good deal on it. I got my pin from a ford members website, you just ask and someone gives you a pin, its free. Each ford employee gets 4 extra pins a year.

Quick Reply: X-Plan for Mustang GT