Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

------>2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see" many pictures<--------

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:16 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ------>2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see" many pictures<--------

Can't wait to see the final result! Where's my popcorn? I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ------>2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see" many pictures<--------

there is a shop that does this with Chargers and Challengers only. but they make there own custom frames. apparently they drive like modern day sportscars. they sell for well over 100,000 tho.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

You said that this was your first post, then I'd like to welcome you to the forums. I can't wait to see the final product. Please keep us up on everyting with lots of pics. Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ------>2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see" many pictures<----

2-3 months!?!?! You're half way done... lol

Well looks like another thread to follow like buddy dank or whatever that dudes name was... haha
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
NWAutoCreations

Default RE: ------>2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see" many pictures<----

Hello again, We have posted a few more pictures on the website and also added 2 more new video clips. Sorry these video clips are not edited but I hope they are informative and tell the story. http://nwautocreations.com/photos.html
We have finished the rear tail light panel and trimming of the rear end. Our next obstacle is fitting the fenders and 1/4 panels to the wheelbase of the car. This entails re-installing the motor, trans, and front suspension. We then will lower the car down to our desired ride height to get the final measurements at that point. Right now we don't know whether the width of wheel track will fit or the 1/4 panels maybe widened. This is where we are at today.
Any questions please ask?

I will try to update the pics and videos every other day as we progress.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
bodyman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks alot for the post's, I think it's going to be our next shopproject soon as we finish a gt500 rebody. I love the idea!! great web site you guy's have!!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

damn.. everytime this thread gets bumped to the top, i get all excited and jumpy[8D]
Old 02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
NWAutoCreations

Hello again, we just uploaded 3 more new videos to the website http://www.nwautocreations.com/photos/
which shows last weeks progress. (Finishing the tailight panel area, fitting trunk lid,adjusting all wheel openings to fit center of wheels, temporarily installed engine transmission and suspension to check ride height, purchased BMW hood and hinge setup for modification of the Mach1 hood).

We have found once the car was on the ground that the front wheel width track is narrower than the rear. Therefore, we are going to *wide body* the rear a inch and a half on each side in a very subtle way, as opposed to fender flares, which we don't really care for.

This week, we hope to accomplish all or some of the following;
- Final install of front cowl panel
- All wheel wells welded,finished and in place
- New doors installed and fitted
- Rear inner fenders installed

Well thanks everyone for the nice comments and we are going to try and do new video and picture installments every day
Old 02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NWAutoCreations

Hello again, we just uploaded 3 more new videos to the website http://www.nwautocreations.com/photos/
which shows last weeks progress. (Finishing the tailight panel area, fitting trunk lid,adjusting all wheel openings to fit center of wheels, temporarily installed engine transmission and suspension to check ride height, purchased BMW hood and hinge setup for modification of the Mach1 hood).

We have found once the car was on the ground that the front wheel width track is narrower than the rear. Therefore, we are going to *wide body* the rear a inch and a half on each side in a very subtle way, as opposed to fender flares, which we don't really care for.

This week, we hope to accomplish all or some of the following;
- Final install of front cowl panel
- All wheel wells welded,finished and in place
- New doors installed and fitted
- Rear inner fenders installed

Well thanks everyone for the nice comments and we are going to try and do new video and picture installments every day
Did you consider narrowing the rear-end?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:30 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Cool stuff! Not sure if theres a point to it, except personal satisfaction. 99% of the world will see a beater when they see an old body, no matter whats underneath or where it came from, only that other 1% will see a cool mustang or a cool restoration. But yeah, I like the challenge of it all.

I hope you keep updating us!

Quick Reply: ------>2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see" many pictures<--------