Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen shaker super charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen shaker super charger

ORIGINAL: froman6

I don't mean to pi$% on the parade but what about water injection? I know I don't take my Stang out in the rain and would love to add this to my car but if it happens to start pouring will I seize my motor??

Living in Michigan it may be sunny and dry in the morning but wait 10 minutes and we could have a monsoon! [&:]
I really don't understand your question. are you worried about water getting into the shaker? think about the countless people running shaker hood systems. don't you think you'd have heard about hydrolocked engines due to the shaker by now?

I've driven my car through the car wash many times and in an unbelievable downpour. no problems at all [8D]
Old 04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

+1. Well stated
Old 04-11-2008, 04:16 PM
froman6
1st Gear Member

Are you both clueless? This design is TOTALLY different than the CDC shaker or the Ford OEM on the Mach1. Look at the pictures!

The Saleen is a direct feed to the supercharger the CDC's are routed to a stock air box, then to the intake.Call me an *** but it appears to me that water will get directly into the Saleen Shaker/super charger.

Just asking a simple question.......
Old 04-11-2008, 06:35 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastautos

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

That is Carlos from Saleen's car. 600bhp
It's at least 600 horsepower. He basically has the E motor plus whatever horsepower the ShakerCharger adds.
Depends on which year E motor.. The first year E motor only made 550, and you're not going to get another 50 out of the ShakerCharger.. BUT- with that being said, I doubt his E motor is standard issue, he's likely souped it up a bit.. LOL

ORIGINAL: SeanoStang

hope they make it for v6 later down the road
I wouldn't hold your breath.. Saleen doesn't make anything else for the V6, why would they make that?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:24 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: froman6

Are you both clueless? This design is TOTALLY different than the CDC shaker or the Ford OEM on the Mach1. Look at the pictures!

The Saleen is a direct feed to the supercharger the CDC's are routed to a stock air box, then to the intake.Call me an *** but it appears to me that water will get directly into the Saleen Shaker/super charger.

Just asking a simple question.......
Not clueless, nor did I call you an ***. As soon as air goes in, there is a box with a screen that takes the water to be drained. Hard to explain but hopefully you get the idea. Bottom line, it is fine in wet conditions.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Green08BulliTT

i would worry alot about runnin a true ram air intake in the rain.your sucking in air threw the shaker in this design and water will go in just as easy.you will in a heavy down poor suck in alot of water. the stock air boxand most intakes still havealot of stuff blocking the air and water before it gets suckedin. the other thing your adding to the shaker now is atwinscrew and that is going tosuck in alot more air than a n/a car to begin with. with more air going in itthere will be morerain watergoing in as well.any one who thinks other wise buy one and try it out. i would love to be proved wrong

ps in the pic from the link there is no visible screen or any thing to deal with water going in. nor does it show any place it can collect or drain.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

What you are looking at is not the final model, I've seen the final version and it will be displayed at fabulous fords. The top (under the shaker) will look very similar to a the PJ set up. Yes, we have tested it in the rain and it's fine. Trust me it was one of the first things we talked about when we thought about any potential hang ups. Rest assured, as an OE manufacturer, we make sure our product can stand up to everything! The hole should be in the exact same spot as the CDC shaker.

Carlos' engine is a 302 SC Motor with a tremec T-56 trans, it has the shaker charger with a custom pulley. 600 is probably a conservative number but a dyno would not give a real accurate horse power number due to the nature of the shaker (keep in mind with this set up, the faster you go, the more PSI you can get and its cooling a hell of alot better). But, we should have some dyno numbers on that beast pretty soon!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Sign me up.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

What you are looking at is not the final model, I've seen the final version and it will be displayed at fabulous fords. The top (under the shaker) will look very similar to a the PJ set up. Yes, we have tested it in the rain and it's fine. Trust me it was one of the first things we talked about when we thought about any potential hang ups. Rest assured, as an OE manufacturer, we make sure our product can stand up to everything! The hole should be in the exact same spot as the CDC shaker.

Carlos' engine is a 302 SC Motor with a tremec T-56 trans, it has the shaker charger with a custom pulley. 600 is probably a conservative number but a dyno would not give a real accurate horse power number due to the nature of the shaker (keep in mind with this set up, the faster you go, the more PSI you can get and its cooling a hell of alot better). But, we should have some dyno numbers on that beast pretty soon!
I really like the stuff this guy posts

2nd edit: I'm really jazzed about this product and I'm really looking forward to it's release. I probably won't be able to get one right off the bat but would definately like to upgrade my SC with this maybe in a year or so. Also, I think it's cool as hell to see someone from Saleen posting in this forum.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 PM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

The water could be an issue and thats an excellent point. If it works in the rain I would love to have one.

Quick Reply: Saleen shaker super charger