Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voiding your Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 PM
ruprect108*07V6

Default Voiding your Warranty

So I went to the dealership, Capistrano Ford, that sold me my Mustang three weeks ago to ask some warranty questions. I saw another thread like this and I got a different answer.

I went to the parts dept first to get a price on some of the parts I was thinking of adding and the prices were way out of control.

Then I went to see the service advisor to ask the warranty questions. They told me that any modification gives ford cause to void the warranty. CAI, Dual Exhaust, Tune, Gears and a TLOK. Is this true or was he just covering his ***. Also Capo ford is not a authorized FRPP dealer so does this make a difference. He even stated that if I get the FRPP parts from him and he puts them on that it voids the warranty, they will warranty the parts they put on but it will still void the factory warranty. So please let me know what you guys have found out or heard of. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Voiding your Warranty

Here it is quick and easy... If the part you add causes the failure then you void your warranty for that particular repair... If you add dual exhaust and your radio breaks, then it is still under warranty... If you add dual exhaust and your exhaust falls off your car it's not under warranty for this repair...

Another example... If you add anaftermarket headunit (stereo) you are not going to void your cars warranty... You are going to void the warranty on your radio. If your headunit causes your speakers to blow for some reason, the speakers are no longer under warranty...

-Jeff
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Did you do a search?

Plain and simple. Ford isn't going to warranty non OEM parts and any OEM parts that were broken due to another part being installed.

Examples:

You have a supercharger, your motor blows up: Warranty Claim Denied.
You have a supercharger, you window motor brakes: Warranty Claim Accepted.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Any ford part that is installed by a certified Ford tech is warranted for 12 months-12,000 miles. The original factory warranty is still in force. Aftermarket parts will give them cause to shaft you if they feel like it.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
swalt

I just had the Ford Racing Pack with the upgraded mufflers, CAI, and cal pro programmer installed tonight. My buddy is a Ford Tech and took care of everything. I know the advisors well at the dealership and they said I personally would not have a problem with any warranty related items since the parts were all from Ford racing. Anything outside of Ford branded parts could give them reason to question warranty repairs.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

any part you put on that causes any failure will give them right to void your warranty
but if something just plain breaks without modification to it then its still covered
you can warranty frpp parts but they do not keep your warranty just cuz they are frpp products
Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blk07gt

any part you put on that causes any failure will give them right to void your warranty
but if something just plain breaks without modification to it then its still covered
you can warranty frpp parts but they do not keep your warranty just cuz they are frpp products

Yes........they are. They are warranted for 12/12000. If they fail in that time, you get a new part and the warranty starts over. Factory warranty goes on.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

And I'll add that in my experience it depends on the dealer a lot - I was worried when I took mine in for it's first service, and they were totally cool with the CAI, tune, etc. And when I had asked before I bought the car, thay told me that they'll generally have no issue with FRPP and Steeda parts, dealer installed or not. So shop around, you may have better luck with a dealer who sells Roush's or GTs - I'd imagine they'd be more "hot-rodder" friendly.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:23 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Yes........they are. They are warranted for 12/12000. If they fail in that time, you get a new part and the warranty starts over. Factory warranty goes on.
I'm not trying to pick a fight here but can you show me where it says that ??
Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

I'm not trying to pick a fight here but can you show me where it says that ??

Just past experience. Had several slave cylinders go out and after the truck was out of warranty, the part was still warranted because it had less than 12/12000 on it. Went through 3 of em on that 2002 Ranger.

Quick Reply: Voiding your Warranty