Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever seen/heard your 'stang from another car's perspective?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Default Ever seen/heard your 'stang from another car's perspective?

So my wife blew out a tire last night, and since AAA said it would be 2 hours before they got there,I went and changed the tire myself. My wife was a little skittish about driving on the spare, so I let her drive the stang home, and I drove behind her. It then dawned on me - I've never actually seen/heard my car in motion before on the road. I see lots of other mustangs of course, but never mine. It was cool - I gotta pretty sweet ride! I actually called my wife on her cell when I was behind her at a light and told her to step on it hard when the light turns green so Icould here the GTA mufflers. Damn, they sound good! That bee-otch actually stepped on it so hard she layed some rubber!

I know this is a fluff post, but it was kind of cool having a renewed since of pride in my car after seeing it the way others do. Sometimes you get so wrapped up in all the little issues (rattles, gear whine, etc). that you forget what an awesome car you have.

Just wanted to share. Carry on.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ever seen/heard your 'stang from another car's perspective?

Dont let my wife read this post,
She thinks when I stand in the driveway,
It's to wave bye !!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:15 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

It's true, but for me also a parodox. I like to see my rides being driven, but I won't let anybody drive the fastones, this Mustang included.

My Wife has driven the mustang in it's pre-blown state. She didn't like it much and i didn't like her driving it at all so that worked out well for me. Another guy test drove it once, alsopre-blown, it was good seeing that.

With the blower fitted, the only other person who's ever driven it was our very ownJason (mygt500).

I don't count service techs as the car is crippled by the valet mode for them.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

I was walking downtown where I live one night and this super clean black GT pulls up to the light. I was like damn that car looks good and then I realized that I knew that licenseplate number....it was my Dad out for a cruise.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I have been told my exhaust is loud and I never believedpeople.Istoodout in the front yard while I had my brother drive my car by. It was louder being outside my car like that. It was neat seeing and hearing a different perspective. Even when I have sat in the passenger seat while my wife drives.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

It is funny when you see your own car in motion. It's like art!!! It's a beautiful thing. Cause sometimes a car looks soo much cooler when it actually going somewhere. I let my girlfriend drive mine, I even told her it was ok to get on it, I wanted to see what it was like racing against my own car. Even though hers was a Malibu it was like my car had rocket boosters it was sooo cool!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I have always wanted to do this. I have asked my dad to drive down the block a time or two.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yes, this is a perspective on your car that everyone should do, at least once. Last year, when I blew my knee out at work, my wife had to pick up the Mustang, so I could drive her grocery grabber home..(auto vs. stick) There is nothing like being behind your own ride, hearing the exhaust from that perspective, and being able to see other people's reaction......

I personally loved the wannabe 69 boss that was one lane over from my Wife in the Mustang, that thought he would toy with the "girlie driver"......suffice to say, she has been driving a stick for a good long time, and knows how to find the power band in a hurry...... All I could do was sit back and smile.........

Dont let my wife read this post,
She thinks when I stand in the driveway,
It's to wave bye !!
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: richmod

That bee-otch actually stepped on it so hard she layed some rubber!
haha, that's some funny sh*t!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Hmmm, I've been in the passenger seat while my g/f drove my Stang(and I thought I had a lead foot...) plus when my oldest son drove it (and HE proved to me that the rev limitier did, indeed, work). The only other perspective is whenever I open the door from the laundry room to the garage and my knees get weak.

Quick Reply: Ever seen/heard your 'stang from another car's perspective?