Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Story dealership says my mustang is not mine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Weird Story dealership says my mustang is not mine?

You can only get a loan for usually 2 grand over loan value, a 05 gt is not even close to 28k value. You need to work out a deal for a new gt. Your total amount for your used gt was 28k so your good with this amount. You owed 29 on the evo they gave you 24 so you have 5k in negative equity. Ford has 1500 in rebates in 08 mustangs, use this towards your equity. So then you would have 3500 negative equity. Find a nice gt maybewith not all the options for around 27 or 28. Then with your 2 grand down payment you can walk out with a brand new gt for under 30k and just a little over what you were getting a 3 year old gt for. Just hope they didnt demolish your credit by applying with so many banks trying to get you approved for the used one. Ofcouse you can always talk them downa little on the price of the new one. Soyou would get a better deal on a new one
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

This sounds like it is a legit concern, if the bank doesn't buy the paper, then yes you are toast. They will have to get your EVO back and refund your $2k. Your WAY to high on your LTV.

Do you have a payment coupon book? if so, then your loan is a done deal, any letters from any banks with a loan number?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

I don't think the stealership let you deal like that.
ORIGINAL: 07 S197

You can only get a loan for usually 2 grand over loan value, a 05 gt is not even close to 28k value. You need to work out a deal for a new gt. Your total amount for your used gt was 28k so your good with this amount. You owed 29 on the evo they gave you 24 so you have 5k in negative equity. Ford has 1500 in rebates in 08 mustangs, use this towards your equity. So then you would have 3500 negative equity. Find a nice gt maybewith not all the options for around 27 or 28. Then with your 2 grand down payment you can walk out with a brand new gt for under 30k and just a little over what you were getting a 3 year old gt for. Just hope they didnt demolish your credit by applying with so many banks trying to get you approved for the used one. Ofcouse you can always talk them downa little on the price of the new one. Soyou would get a better deal on a new one
Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tientran

Why not???? I work at one, there isnt a problem with this
Old 01-31-2008, 10:42 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Shouldn't traded an evo IX for a mustang IMO. But sometimes there is no replacement for displacement..

Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Dude...Tell them to find your car or one with similiar miles and get your money together and give them their car back... Evo>Stang IMO
Old 01-31-2008, 10:56 PM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

If you work for a dealer and you let customers deal like that while they are on hooks, you arethe most honest man I have ever seen

ORIGINAL: tientran

Why not???? I work at one, there isnt a problem with this
Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

Shouldn't traded an evo IX for a mustang IMO. But sometimes there is no replacement for displacement..
agreed
Old 01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Hope it works out for you!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

I think you can still end up with a new GT for less than the used one. I just bought mine about 6 months ago, all options except shaker 1000 (have the shaker 500) and I was out the door for a tad under 24. Even with your negative 5 in equity you should be able to make it work. That being said, I would demand my money and my old car back and go to another dealer (and get your own financing first).

Quick Reply: Weird Story dealership says my mustang is not mine?