Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 inches of snow + mustang = ;-;

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:58 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 10 inches of snow + mustang = ;-;

ORIGINAL: Tracedaddy

Funny to read this. I work in Milwaukee and made it all the way home with no problem. (Running stock Pirellis right now) My mistake was stopping at the end of the driveway to get the mail. Tried to get going again and the back end just slid sideways like I was on ball bearings. I stopped trying while I was still on asphalt. It didn't take long to free it up this morning and I was sure glad it decided to get stuck at home.

Might be time for a trip to Menards for a couple bags of sand. Once the Pirellis are worn out I'll get some winter specific tires on these stock rims.

Before the dog food, my tires would spin just by putting it n gear at idle rpms.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I don't drive the Stang in the winter, but I went to the barber shop yesterday in my F-250 (which has 840 lbs of sandbags in the back for added traction). The snow was unplowed in the parking spaces parallel to the street, and was even higher due to the snow plows building it up when they went by. None of the plowed spots were open across the street, so I drove right up to the unplowed spots in front of the barber shop. The snow was high enough that it was hitting my front bumper. I threw it into 4 wheel drive and went back & forth a few times with all four wheels spinning to make tracks and to get closer to where I though the curb would be. Plus it was fun!

So when I go into the barber shop the guy in the chair getting a haircut says "Nice Show! It looked like you were going to get stuck." I told him I wasn't stuck, but I did have to throw it into 4 wheel drive. Then he says, "That's the problem with people who have 4 wheel drive. They think they can go anywhere, then they get stuck!" So I tell him not to worry, I'm not stuck, I can drive out just fine. The barber says yeah, I can drive it out ok.

Kind of funny how the guy getting a haircut seemed a bit worked up about it. Maybe he was just upset because he had to park far away.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:40 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

I don't drive the Stang in the winter, but I went to the barber shop yesterday in my F-250 (which has 840 lbs of sandbags in the back for added traction). The snow was unplowed in the parking spaces parallel to the street, and was even higher due to the snow plows building it up when they went by. None of the plowed spots were open across the street, so I drove right up to the unplowed spots in front of the barber shop. The snow was high enough that it was hitting my front bumper. I threw it into 4 wheel drive and went back & forth a few times with all four wheels spinning to make tracks and to get closer to where I though the curb would be. Plus it was fun!

So when I go into the barber shop the guy in the chair getting a haircut says "Nice Show! It looked like you were going to get stuck." I told him I wasn't stuck, but I did have to throw it into 4 wheel drive. Then he says, "That's the problem with people who have 4 wheel drive. They think they can go anywhere, then they get stuck!" So I tell him not to worry, I'm not stuck, I can drive out just fine. The barber says yeah, I can drive it out ok.

Kind of funny how the guy getting a haircut seemed a bit worked up about it. Maybe he was just upset because he had to park far away.

No, He's probably the same guy who gets mad when people drive with their fogs on, he's probably the same guy that complains when people do up the house with Christmas lights and the wasteful electicity, World is full of people with the last name of Scrooge.