Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My whipple is on and...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My whipple is on and...

Okay, so has anyone dealt with modularpowerhouse in georgia? I live in northwest georgia almost on the tennessee line...
Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

Honestly, the only thing that matters in those numbers is that you picked up 162RWHP. That seems about right. I know a dyno I can go to right now and it'll show I'm putting down over 300HP. There's another dyno near me that I use on a regular basis. On that dyno, I dynoed at 249RWHP stock. With mild mods, I'm at 284RWHP on the same dyno. The only thing that really matters is before and after. If you want some numbers to brag with, go to the track.
if that's true about the 162 gain being about right...then how do people consistenly say theirs is getting 440+ rwhp? The power isn't a big issue, just want to know that everything is running with the normal output and everything...don't want a tune that could cause the detonation of my engine...although i could go with a new block...and forged stroker kit...hmmmm[8D]jk lol....kinda haha
Old 02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07mustanggt

Got my car back today with the HO Polished Whipple on it and I love it! Car is soooooo fast and smooth the shop dynoed my car before installing the S/C and the car ran 238rwhp? This summer at Mustang Week I had the car dynoed on the portable dyno and it rolled 249rwhp...well after the install of the whipple the car only ran 400rwhp? I was hoping for in the 430-460 range? They said the car was at 11 psi and I KNOW these numbers are too low for the psi. Well I have to take the car back to the shop monday to get the Wideband A/F ratio, Oil Pressure, Boost Pressure, and Dash Gauge Pod installed, as well as some LCA's. Car drives well, but aren't those numbers too low? I have no clue what to do because I don't know if it's the dyno being off or either there is something wrong with the kit...please help...they said everything was there and checked everything off as completed...[&:]My car is a stick and shouldn't the numbers be higher on a stick anyway? lol
FWIW guys on this board have dyno with a Whipple HO (manual)as low as 403rwhp, 410-420 rwhp with the Whipple tune on adynojet, dynos (&MD)vary so you could easy dyno 410,420 or more on a different dyno. Also people post different dynos sheets in corrected, uncorrected, etc which vary how the RWHP is shownuncorrected or standard will showhigerRHWP on dyno sheetsthan in SAE corrected.I take dynos with a grain of salt when posted one guy posting his dyno numbers could dyno 10,20 etclower or higheron another dyno imo.

Mustang dynos will most times read lower (8-10 %avg) than a dynojetbutcan also be calibrated to show numbers similar to a dynojet so depends when looking at MD's numbers how that Mustang dyno is calibrated.

Congrats on the Whipple and I like the HP Whipple.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

1) congrats
2) excellent choice

Got my car back today with the HO Polished Whipple on it and I love it!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Modular Powerhouse is probably one of the best tuners I have run across...I think it would definitely be worth the trip, just talk to Tim about your setup and he'll make sure everything is setup properly...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
catalac
2nd Gear Member

238 stock and 400 with FI, it's a Mustang dyno.

Add about 10% for a dyno jet.

What was your A/F ratio and ignition advance?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:26 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: catalac

238 stock and 400 with FI, it's a Mustang dyno.

Add about 10% for a dyno jet.

What was your A/F ratio and ignition advance?
Don't know the a/f or ignition advance...the shop dynoed it without me there[:@]then they didn't even print a dyno sheet[:@]lol plus they said the gauges would be installed today and the LCA's, but they weren't installed and I wanted the car so I'll take it back tuesday morning to get the gauges, gauge pod and LCA's installed to complete the here and now project lol. Calling ModularPowerHouse Monday to get an appointment or something for sometime Friday hopefully
Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

Honestly, the only thing that matters in those numbers is that you picked up 162RWHP. That seems about right. I know a dyno I can go to right now and it'll show I'm putting down over 300HP. There's another dyno near me that I use on a regular basis. On that dyno, I dynoed at 249RWHP stock. With mild mods, I'm at 284RWHP on the same dyno. The only thing that really matters is before and after. If you want some numbers to brag with, go to the track.
if that's true about the 162 gain being about right...then how do people consistenly say theirs is getting 440+ rwhp? The power isn't a big issue, just want to know that everything is running with the normal output and everything...don't want a tune that could cause the detonation of my engine...although i could go with a new block...and forged stroker kit...hmmmm[8D]jk lol....kinda haha
I've seen stock GT's read as high as 280, depending on the dyno. Every car responds a bit differently to mods. And finally, a lot of people with FI have a different midpipe and a many have different headers. But most of it is just the dyno.

Again, the only numbers that mean anything are 1/4 mile numbers. You can't fluff those.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 AM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

"dyno seems to be off by 60hp. ask the shop owner if he suffers from retardation."

[hr]

I****t my pants when i read that, well played sir
Old 02-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Johnboy7701

238 seemed low from the get go, stock should be putting out atleast 260 to the wheels.....
Incorrect. My car dynoed at 241RWHP stock with a MagnaFlow catback w/MagnaPaks on a DynoJet. Adam at ST Motorsports did a bunch of research on this with Whipple and Ford, and found that all 2005+ GT's will dyno between 235-255 RWHP. He found that Ford doesn't even have a singlecc flow for the heads on these cars. Rather, there is a range of flow, which gives the huge variance on the hp output. Also, if you use the standard assumed figures of 18% hp loss through the driveline, that is 54hp off of your supposed 300 baseline.[&:]

His after Whipple numbers are probably correct if it was installed by the dealer. That is a 10psi kit with a Ford canned tune, not a custom tune which results in much higher numbers. If he wants the big numbers, he needs to pay up for a custom tune from a good, experienced tuner, not just a dyno tuner.

Quick Reply: My whipple is on and...