Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

centrifugal or blower charged?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:24 PM
speedsteed1

Default centrifugal or blower charged?

what's the better choice? i got a 06 gt w/ stock motor. Ill be having it installed so difficulty of installation should not be a concern. I will also be buying a high output full kit. I've heard great things about the whipple kit as well as the procharger kit. Is it a personal preference deal or what? just trying to put as much power to the ground as possible without shooting pistons through my hood. i'd hate to have a new motor built. or would I... kenne bell also appears to have a badass product. no clue what to do it's to my understanding that at the end it'll be around $7000 and hopin for atleast 450 rwhp all input is appreciated out
Old 02-03-2008, 05:40 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: centrifugal or blower charged?

The search button is your friend. This is the 3rd post like this today alone.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

The search button is your friend. This is the 3rd post like this today alone.
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 02-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Black_06GTStang
2nd Gear Member

You have a lot of questions to ask yourself.
1. Where do you want the boost to hit? Low in rpm=Twin Screw, Higher in rpm =Centri
2. What are your long term goals for the car? If you want room to grow in boost, that will also affect your decision as some kits max out sooner than others.
3. All the H.O kits you've mentioned above will get you the power you are looking for (may also want to consider the Saleen).
4. Have you picked a shop that will be doing the install for you? If so, then ask their suggestion, as most shops specialize and will do a cleaner install and have more experience with the blower itself ie: tuning.
5. How important is the look of the unit? Whipple and Saleen kits look great and almost look factory. Do you prefer the look of a centri? Are you going to show the car? You might also want to add polished to your list.
6.How important is the sound of the blower? Different kits sound louder than others.
What I'm getting at, is research on the internet as much as you can, talk to your shop and most of all take your time. It's a big choice so you need to know as much as you can about the different types of superchargers and how they work so you can decide what is bestkit to meet all your expectations.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:37 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Here's asite with lots of good info about choosing a supercharger.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/faq.asp

If you don't plan to upgrade your drivetrain then I'd get a centrifugal s/c instead of a roots or twin screw. Centri's boost occur in the upper rpm range and you'll less likely break something during a launch.The roots or twin screw would spin the tires too much during a launch -since boost is there right away -unless you do something to increase traction which would mean upgrading the drivetrain too. So basically a centri is better for traction off the line and then have the boost come in later - for a stock drivetrain.

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody...I'm still learning about superchargers too.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

basically yes, it's just personal preference.

any of the high output kits will be fine for
your goal (450ish rwhp)

good luck and keep us updated on your project

ORIGINAL: speedsteed1

what's the better choice? i got a 06 gt w/ stock motor. Ill be having it installed so difficulty of installation should not be a concern. I will also be buying a high output full kit. I've heard great things about the whipple kit as well as the procharger kit. Is it a personal preference deal or what? just trying to put as much power to the ground as possible without shooting pistons through my hood. i'd hate to have a new motor built. or would I... kenne bell also appears to have a badass product. no clue what to do it's to my understanding that at the end it'll be around $7000 and hopin for atleast 450 rwhp all input is appreciated out