MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Opinions on various axlebacks (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/402836-opinions-on-various-axlebacks.html)

Tracedaddy 02-05-2008 08:38 AM

Opinions on various axlebacks

Hello all,

I previously posted a poll asking if I should go with a new shifter or a new exhaust. It looks like a majority went with the shifter idea. So now I'm on the hunt for some good deals on an MGW. There was never a bad word about Hurst, but most everyone simply gushed about the MGW's. That said, it's out of my wife's budget right now and I think I want to hold out.

So I've been doing some shopping and found asome good deals on a couple different axlebacks that are in the price range. They are the choices above.

I've been watching YouTube videos until I'm bug-eyed but it really is hard to hear the difference sometimes. Often it's just the quality of the video. The same system can sound completely different in 2 side-by-side videos. So that's why I'm asking here.

I don't want anything that sounds close to stock. I don't see any point in paying money for something that makes very little difference.So give me your opinions please. And soon. A couple of these deals may go away soon.

I debated telling you this small fact because I was afraid of tainting results but here it goes anyway. All these system prices will be very close to each other except one. I found a seller willing to part with his JBA's for $75! That's MUCH cheaper than the others, but again, if it sounds too much like stock, that would be $75 wasted.

Thanks again for you help.

Cheers!

blk07gt 02-05-2008 08:41 AM

RE: Opinions on various axlebacks

Violators!!!

Pwny 02-05-2008 09:01 AM

I wouldn't get any:eek:

Caution 02-05-2008 09:03 AM

of the choices I say SLP

Tracedaddy 02-05-2008 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Pwny

I wouldn't get any:eek:
What. It's Magnaflow or nothing? Selling yours? ;)

Besides. You're a Bucks fan. Your credibility is shot right there.

(Note: I'm a Milwaukee guy. I can give them crap.) :D

Nuke 02-05-2008 10:04 AM

Where are all the other axlebacks? Something wrong that you excluded the FRPP Stingers/Borlas?

Tracedaddy 02-05-2008 10:05 AM

Nope. Haven't found a deal on them so they're out of the budget right now.

blk07gt 02-05-2008 10:19 AM

are you planning to do an o/r pipe later?

Tracedaddy 02-05-2008 10:22 AM

Good question. I doubt it. There are some interior things I'd like to do and some under hood stuff ahead of it.

Mudflap 02-05-2008 10:23 AM

I'm running SLP Powerflos which seem to be rare for some reason. The quality is awesome and they sound great (low and growling). They are quite loud but not to the point of being obnoxious. I fired it up over the weekend and saw my neighbors standing in their garage across the street get startled for a second, lol. You can see straight thru the bullet-style muffler, no chambers or anything. They have very little drone in general.