Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 V6 has ABS???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: 07 V6 has ABS???

abs is a good thing....you really dont know what your saying until you us it
Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

its a lot better on the s197 than it was on my 95 gt
that one lost the fuse
Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kdrshocker

cool, thanks for the info guys. i'm glad as hell my car dosn't have abs. great if ur a granny whodosn't know how to brake.every car i have ever own i would just take the abs fuse out of it. can't stand it.
If you are talking performance driving and threshold braking, I would agree with you.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

abs is a good thing....you really dont know what your saying until you us it
not trying to be mean or offend you, but i grew up driving on cars without abs in mountians with alot of snow. if you know how your car handles and are aware of your surroundings you would never need abs. the one time i left the abs fuse in a car was the one time i ALMOST wrecked because my stopping distance was greatly increased. the debate over abs being good or bad is almost as epic as the V6 vs the V8, or a 9mm vs a .45
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acrokat

ORIGINAL: kdrshocker

cool, thanks for the info guys. i'm glad as hell my car dosn't have abs. great if ur a granny whodosn't know how to brake.every car i have ever own i would just take the abs fuse out of it. can't stand it.
If you are talking performance driving and threshold braking, I would agree with you.
Could you define that for me?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Check the owner's manual. If an option, it will say "if equiped".
Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 AM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

A properly functioning ABS is an important safetyaddition to any vehicle, be it a performance car or a family mini-van. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are, you cannot pump the the brakes fast enough to come even close to ABS. You cannot control the emergency braking of your car manually better than ABS, simply not possible. And when you pump the brakes you are activating all of the brakes. ABS pulses individual wheel brakes to control the car. If your braking distance was increased by ABS then that was better than going into an uncontrolled slide / spin which is what would have happened when you would have locked up your manual system.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:40 AM
sktrstangs

I am glad that I have my '06 pony pkg Mustang V6 which came with all the works as mentioned.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Sorry, but I'm gonna take the side of the guy here who says ABS is for the birds.. I'm from Buffalo, and grew up driving old cars with no ABS in the snow. ABS is horrendous. When I step on the brakes, I should be able to know what the car's response to that is going to be, not have to try and guess what the cmoputer is going to do for me. The ONLY good part about ABS is that it lets you steer the car without taking your foot off the brakes.

ABS is for people who don't know how to drive. It's yet one more example of society being stupid, and someone designing a technology to compensate for joe blow's unwillingness to learn how to properly do something.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:51 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Gotta disagree exx. ABS is a wonder. I too grew up in those days and didn't even have power brakes. On ice when we used to hit the brakes, it felt like the speed increased. Many folks were killed and property damaged. ABS is like front wheel drive. It helps control and many folks who have gotten used to the modern systems simply have forgotten how to or never knew how to drive without such systems.

Quick Reply: 07 V6 has ABS???