Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple Supercharger Dyno Sheets

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default Whipple Supercharger Dyno Sheets

Hi guys

If you had your Whipple S/Cdyno with the stock Whipple tune could you please post your dyno sheet(with the afr if possible)and what psi and if intercooled. This would be interesting to seenumbers on a stock Whipple tune running 8psi &10psiand wouldbe interesting to see what numbers you are getting vs others.

If your not sure how to post you could e-mail it to me and I will post it for you.

tjcj1993@sbcglobal.net

TIA
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Supersharger Dynos Sheets

all i have for posting is a pic of the
dyno monitor

i have the actual printout tho and the
numbers are:

MUSTANG DYNO

411 rwhp / 417 ft-lbs / FRPP tune / 91 oct / 10.8 AFR / 10.5 psi

[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/052015D784774E77BCAD8933070D10C0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/CA7552D117B443748B074F64D6FF2A72.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2008, 07:58 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

And thatson a Mustang Dyno = badass numbers!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

http://www.m0dularfords.com/forums/s...no&page=27

Change the zero to an o. Sorry the link will get ***** if I leave it the way it is. copy and paste.

Go to page 24 to see the dyno run on only 1 pump. His A/F ratio was 18 or something crazy like that and the motor didn't pop.

He made 470rwhp and 450rwtq. he also has an O/R H I think.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

all i have for posting is a pic of the
dyno monitor

i have the actual printout tho and the
numbers are:

411 rwhp / 417 ft-lbs / FRPP tune / 91 oct / 10.8 AFR / 10.5 psi

Nice numbers hammeron!

Very fat safe afr! even more power is there when your ready!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:27 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

http://www.m0dularfords.com/forums/s...no&page=27

Change the zero to an o. Sorry the link will get ***** if I leave it the way it is. copy and paste.

Go to page 24 to see the dyno run on only 1 pump. His A/F ratio was 18 or something crazy like that and the motor didn't pop.

He made 470rwhp and 450rwtq. he also has an O/R H I think.
For members reading the guy above had a fuel problem back in 12-06 with his Whipple so don't letwhat I post belowreflect as bad on the Whipple.

Moose
Looks like they went very lean then evenhigher danger zone leannfor around 1300rpms with that afr and your right lucky it didn't pop. Yeah that was crazy I'd put them on mydo not recommend list for shops due to not shutting down sooner.
One time I was at a shop they were tuning on S/C car afr started hitting 14.9 and they were yelling shut it down.

Moose below regardingthe talk in the other thread on this subject (high & low dynos#)few thoughts and comments imo about that 470rwhp.

Ok I checked out that dyno thatafr looks nothing like the current afr we are seeing now on the Whipples today aleast what I have been seeing so far. That isleaner (but safe)in comparison to what we see now lookinglike 11.6+ to me in that graph. Thatwouldexplain agood part of the rwhp difference when comparing to the 10.8-10.9's we are seeing.
One thing to keep in mind alsothe dyno doesn't say corrected and if not incorrected the numbers would be a little lower than shown also maybe 460-465rwhp but still good high rwhp imo.

I also seen this posted by someone in that thread.

Mav,

Congrats on the numbers. What a beautiful air/fuel curve. After all of the talk of lean Whipple tunes, I'm relieved to see a success story.

Frank[/align]
[/align][/align]NowI don't know the timing he was runningif its different than today (19*) and what you saw on your pull data loggingas that will also make a difference. So taking the above if those early Whipples were runninga leanerAFR as shown in that dynocompared to what we see today (10.8-10.9)thats agood part of it without looking/knowing the timing. [/align][/align]It looks like maybe Whipple changed thier tune since then to a more consevative one (fatter)if we go by that thread compared to todays afrwe are seeing.[/align][/align]So maybe all these high rwhp that are talked about on a stock tune (465, 470, 487)were with those Whipple tunes that ran leaner. So this imo could beabig part of the reason whythe largedifference in numbers we areseeing (lower numbers) and talking about.[/align][/align]Anywhay thats just my opinion so far when I see more dyno (Whipple stock tune) numbersin the present time (if we see465+rwhp vs afr) & afr that will help to see if that is the case or not.[/align][/align]Any thoughts?[/align]
Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'd lke to see some more dyno charts, for
the HO with FRPP tune
Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Well I should be getting emailed my dyno sheets shortly but here were my numbers.

416rwhp 398rwtq with 8psi pulley, 11.5-11.8 A/F with 93 octane and Whipple Tune, SAE corrected 80 degree day.

Now for 2 comments

One is that I went over with my installer about dynos and he showed me different views of the same pull with different corrections. The ranged from a low of 412rwhp to a high of 436rwhp. This is just to show people that dyno's have alot of variation so they cant becompared apples to apples. They are just a tuning tool. The numbers are useless. Sorry that is a pet peeve of mine.

My second comment is on why I think the 10psi kits are running such a low A/F ratio.

During my dyno run my installer datalogged everything. He told me that if I ever wanted to up the boost I would need a MAFia. I was like WTF? Tons of people run this kit at 10 psi without one. So I asked him why.

He showed me the MAF reading the ECM was getting and it was in the high 970's. I think the MAF maxes out at 1032 or there abouts. He said that depending on the weather the MAF would be close to, or could be maxing out. My thought is if that is happening the ECM is saying "I have no clue how much air is coming in, so I will dump max fuel." This would lead to the overly rich condition.

Because I am running the 8psi pulley the computer can accurately read the amount of air coming in so it hold my A/F in the sweet range for Boost, 11.5-12.1.

Now I think that the whipple tune is doing the right thing dumping extra fuel as it makes it significantly safer, but I wonder how much better the ECM could do if people ran a MAFia.

I think people pick up extra with a dyno tune because the guy tuning it leans out the fuel when the MAF peaks out. Under most conditions this is fine but when it occurs your ECM is just guessing.

I have nothing substantial to back any of that up but from what I have seen and know about engine components that is what I infer happens.

Just throwing that out there.

Thanks guys and I must say it is great to be finely S/C. When I get a chance I will post another gloating thread with more info and pics.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats guru and welcome to the crew

it's been a long time coming and you
finally made it to the big dance

i'd like to see the chart, so please post it here as
well as the new gloating thread
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
blk07gt