Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel/Tire - Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:00 PM
MEK
1st Gear Member

Default Wheel/Tire - Opinions Wanted

I am thinking on running the stock 17in bullitts up front and running 18in out back.

After purchasing CS front and rear fascias, CS side scoops, Hurst Shifter, Shelby black upper and lower billet grilles, GTA exhaust, and CDC shaker................I am running out of money. Wow, once you catch the mod addiction........it's hard to stop. Actually, I have to start curtailing the spending, because I am putting up a second garage for shop space (30x40) and my fiance' wants to do a little makeover on several of the rooms inthe house.

Anyway, I still want to do something with wheels/tires. I have the stock 17in bullitts and I really like the bullitt look, but I would like a little more meat on the back. Here is what I am thinking on doing,my current wheels are silver and I would paint those gloss black. This would be very economical for me because I do all my own paint work and I have plenty of black paint (I have 3 vehicles - all the same paint code). I was then thinking about purchasing the gloss black 18x9 deep dish bullitts from American Muscle and running 255/45/18's on the rear. This size would be a little beefier and the diameter is virtually the same as stock. The deep dish, I believe, would also give the visual of more meat out back? This would give me a staggered look that I like and I would have 2 spare wheels and tires, if ever needed. I would probably remove the TPMS sensors and try the PVC tube trick that I have read about on several forums. Going this route would cost less than half that of purchasing all new wheels/tires/sensor bandsand it would allow me to upgrade later if I wanted to go 18's all around.

Plans for car:
My car is black and I plan on going with Matte black stripes (10" wide, 1-1/2 - 2" gap, 3/8" pinstripe). I originally was looking at tape from BSM because I thought they would be easier to maintain, but after a little investigation, I believe it will be much easier for me to tape them off and paint them myself.This car is pretty much a DD that I split time with my truck. I do not plan on any type of track stuff. I am just trying to create a look that I like.

Opinions wanted:
How do you think this will look and work with this wheel/tire combo? Is there a downside to running 2 different size wheels, I would think as long as the diameter of the tires are the same.....it would be OK? Has anyone out there done this? Pics?

Thanks