MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Bad Value? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/405525-bad-value.html)

SkyWitit23 02-11-2008 06:27 PM

Bad Value?

Hey guys i just bought my pony back in december, I work down the Street from an Infinity dealership, drive by it everyday.So yesterday on my lunch break i went in, ya know pulled up got out the car ETC. I just love going to dealership's they praise you like jesus :Dso the guy comes out and all (I was looking at the G35 and GX37 just looking) so they guys says "Oh i see your interested in the G35's and G37's " Im like "I was just looking around, i love my pony but i would'nt mind driving in one of these either " and he laugh's. So he Said "well lets see what i can do for you , let me aprasie you car and all" Im like okay sure why not" (I didnt intend on tradeing my pony after i just got it i was just curious on what they give me) He comes back and he said sorry Sir but we can give you 13-15K for you car im like what [:@][:@]..At the point i was pissed im like "the car is brand new, how can you offer me less then what i got my 08 scionTc for? "He Said nothing i got up and walked out....I love my car but i got kinda madd when he said that to me even tho i wasnt gonna trade anyway, but the qestion is do our cars have sucky ReSale Value?? Like that much i could only image a year from now and its an 08 by the way..What do you guys think?

SonicBlue05GT 02-11-2008 06:30 PM

RE: Bad Value?

erm, at no point did you mention what your car was.

a dealer isn't going to give you much at all for a trade. that's why it's always best to sell it outright.

anyway, the GT holds it's value ok for an American car, but a V6 loses value very, very quickly.

SkyWitit23 02-11-2008 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

a dealer isn't going to give you much at all for a trade. that's why it's always best to sell it outright.

anyway, the GT holds it's value ok for an American car, but a V6 loses value very, very quickly.

I as we did the paper work i told him what it was, and he knew what is was when he seen it. i just had to goto in detail with what i had.

poohflingr 02-11-2008 06:44 PM

Never trade your car in, the dealer will always give you a horrible offer on trade.Usually between 5-10k less than private party value. So don't sweat trade in value because soon everyone will catch on and start selling their cars outright to private parties and bypassing dealers. Unfortunately you will still have those that insist on trading in vehicles they are upside down on. Dealers make a ton of money on used vehicles because they jerk you on the trade-in and jerk whoever buys the vehicle from them by selling it for 5k more than they gave you for it. Ask a salesman, they will tell you they would rather sell a 2-3 yr old used car than a new one because they make more comission.

Unleashedbeast 02-11-2008 06:48 PM

Don't you know a dealer will quote you super low on your trade the first time. It's a tactic! Car salesmen are some of the most dishonest people to do business with. If you were to go to www.nada.comand see what fair market trade in value is I bet it's better than he quoted.

howarmat 02-11-2008 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: SkyWitit23

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

I as we did the paper work i told him what it was, and he knew what is was when he seen it. i just had to goto in detail with what i had.
no.....you never told US what you have :eek:

simplexdesign 02-11-2008 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

Never trade your car in, the dealer will always give you a horrible offer on trade.Usually between 5-10k less than private party value. So don't sweat trade in value because soon everyone will catch on and start selling their cars outright to private parties and bypassing dealers. Unfortunately you will still have those that insist on trading in vehicles they are upside down on. Dealers make a ton of money on used vehicles because they jerk you on the trade-in and jerk whoever buys the vehicle from them by selling it for 5k more than they gave you for it. Ask a salesman, they will tell you they would rather sell a 2-3 yr old used car than a new one because they make more comission.
+1

gremlin190 02-11-2008 07:28 PM

I traded an 06 v6 base model infor 15K to get my gt. He seriously underquoted you!

Kara 02-11-2008 07:28 PM

I am thinking he has a 6??

deekum1627 02-11-2008 07:33 PM

dont know what you have but i traded my 04 GTO in, in 2006 and i got 21k for it so i think that guys was an a** i think our cars meaning a GTwould be about the same value as the GTO