Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to Raise the Rear of My car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Want to Raise the Rear of My car?

I say go for it !!

Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
99flhr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: canefan87

wow didn't expect this many replys back. Just to let everyone know, I don't care if my car is fast or not, I'm just trying to go for a different look. If I wanted a fast car, like someone said a GT would have done it for me. I went with a v6 plain jane Mustang so I can do what I want to it. As of today I have made mods to my inside and outside of my car. here is a new pic.
That`s great, now look at post #30, the extreme rake on that caricature DOES look cool. BUT, only because the huge rear tire fills the wheel/fender arch. When you have a large gap between the tire and fender lip it looks "less than good" ( fill in your own expletive)
Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Is that the pace car from the local dirt track?

ORIGINAL: 300GT

if you're gonna jack it up, go all the way!

[IMG]local://upfiles/76336/06797B4A5AC14F8A9E63FC06E8253EC0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

If you want ole school paint that bitch flat black
Old 02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
canefan87

Thanks everyone, I took it to a local shop and he explained like most of you have to me on this forum that it would be a bad idea. He told me the only way to go would be by lowering the car. I won't be lowering it. I guess I will think of something else to do. Thanks everyone for the responses.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
canefan87

ORIGINAL: Wizzle07GT

wow didn't expect this many replys back. Just to let everyone know, I don't care if my car is fast or not
This is the most insane thing i have ever heard come out of a MUSTANG owners mouth, lol. But anyways I think you might have a hard time finding anything to lift a mustang, +1 on the bigger rear tires.
I don't find it insane at all. If I was looking for speed then I wouldn't have gone with a V6. Just because you have a Mustang dosen't mean speed is your game. I have always loved the Mustangs for their awesome looks and appeal. I wanted a V6 due to their inexpensive pricing and the fact that I can upgrade and add mods at my choosing. If I want speed, I can add it at anytime by doing mods to my engine.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

You know canefan87, there's something about your carI can't put my finger on. It has great stripes and rims, but somewhow it looks real plain Jane. It's weird.

We're all different i know, but for my money I'd have to put a spoiler on the rear and break the side up with rocker stripes. it would look better a bit lower as well
Old 02-13-2008, 05:14 PM
canefan87

ORIGINAL: 99flhr

wow didn't expect this many replys back. Just to let everyone know, I don't care if my car is fast or not, I'm just trying to go for a different look. If I wanted a fast car, like someone said a GT would have done it for me. I went with a v6 plain jane Mustang so I can do what I want to it. As of today I have made mods to my inside and outside of my car. here is a new pic.
That`s great, now look at post #30, the extreme rake on that caricature DOES look cool. BUT, only because the huge rear tire fills the wheel/fender arch. When you have a large gap between the tire and fender lip it looks "less than good" ( fill in your own expletive)
Thanks, that's what a local shop owner explained to me. Next time I get some new tires, this will be my plan. Upsize the rear tires. Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
canefan87

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

You know canefan87, there's something about your carI can't put my finger on. It has great stripes and rims, but somewhow it looks real plain Jane. It's weird.

We're all different i know, but for my money I'd have to put a spoiler on the rear and break the side up with rocker stripes. it would look better a bit lower as well
Well, appreciate your opnion. I don't think it looks plain anymore. I think the stripes and rims and my exhaust that I have put on it makes it look real good. Of course the exhaust is more for sound. I never have liked spoilers, so thats one thing I won't be getting. Everyone here in my city has rocker stripes so that's why I didn't get them. Wanted to be different from others. My next thing I will be getting is the Upper/Lower Grill. That will hopefully be installed by next weekend. I'm not sure what I will add next after the Grill.