Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is ford retarded

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is ford retarded

I've always found it a bit odd that the car doesn't have an interior trunk release, but it has never really affected me. I've never locked my keys in the car, and I'm careful not to lay them in the trunk when I'm using it. Of course like others have stated, it does have its benefits if someone breaks into your car.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Carry spare key in pocket.
Problem(s) solved.

I have to put gas in mine weekly.
Now THATS retarded.
No donut Ford.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

well, speaking as a vert owner who accidentally locked his keys in the trunk last week.... I was leaving work and my sub box had shifted in the trunk causing the wires to come loose...so I reached in to reconnect it and sure enough when I hurried up to shut the trunk to get out of the cold....i realize i left the keys in the trunk floor. So, S@it does happen...first time in my life it happened to me. There is NO way to access the trunk in a vert from the inside. It is foolish to not have a trunk opener in the glove box in my opinion. If thieves really want to get in your coupe trunk, they will simply lift your back seat to get in there as well, so its not stopping thieves..

lucky for me, my live-in girlfriend has my other key fob and works right down the road..
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

everyone make mistakes but its foolish to put your key in the trunk. why would you A: mount the sub so it doesnt shift B: put your keys in your pocket instead of the trunk.

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73

well, speaking as a vert owner who accidentally locked his keys in the trunk last week.... I was leaving work and my sub box had shifted in the trunk causing the wires to come loose...so I reached in to reconnect it and sure enough when I hurried up to shut the trunk to get out of the cold....i realize i left the keys in the trunk floor. So, S@it does happen...first time in my life it happened to me. There is NO way to access the trunk in a vert from the inside. It is foolish to not have a trunk opener in the glove box in my opinion. If thieves really want to get in your coupe trunk, they will simply lift your back seat to get in there as well, so its not stopping thieves..

lucky for me, my live-in girlfriend has my other key fob and works right down the road..
Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

Ya, it made me mad that i couldnt open it from inside, so i got a spare FOB and super glued it under the dash, so when i need the trunk open i just push the little blue button ( I didn’t actually; I’m just a pathological liar)
Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
BIGMAS1979
1st Gear Member

when i first got my 05 i went and showed it off to my dad, i let him drive it. when we got back to his house he wanted to look at my trunk space. needless to say we looked for that damn button for about five minutes. i felt like an idiot.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

It's alot easier to lock your keys in the trunk than you would think. I have a habit of putting my keys in my toolbox when working under the car, and then not thinking about it and locking the box in the trunk. Luckily the doors were unlocked so I could go through the backseat. Ford is not saving THAT much money by not having an inside release. Probably 25-35 cents per car, tops.

Hoose
Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

yeah, anyone who says it makes a coupe safer cause "thieves cant pop the trunk release" are kidding yourselves and making excuses for a poor decision by ford. Any thief will simply lift your back seat and clean your "safe trunk space" out. BTW, locking your keys can happen to anyone..ive been driving 20 years prior to last week, when i accidently locked mine in the trunk..jmo
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I don't mind that there isn't an automatic trunk release. I'd rather not have one for the reason someone else mentioned of thieves having easy access to trunk.

I'm glad they don't have automatic door locks. That's one thing that annoys me on my F-250. You put the key into the ignition and a few seconds later the doors lock automatically without even driving. Very easy way to lock yourself out if you start up on a cold morning to warm it up and close the door.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

at first i also thought it was weird that there was no release but then i've learned to accept it and not care at all. i too almost locked my keys in the trunk. it is easier to do than people think......i was grabbing some stuff out the trunk with keys in hand and set them down for a second to get a better grip on a few boxes and closed the trunk.....luckily i didnt slam it shut. but whatever, sh*t happens. if it ain't one thing, its something else.

Quick Reply: Is ford retarded