Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you find that people like to park next to you?

Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
NeNCGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Do you find that people like to park next to you?

Most of the cars and trucksI've owned have been black and I hate door dingsso parking out in BFE is normal for me.Everyone of them, including this one,draw cars way from the stores out to the far side of the lot. One of these day I've got to stop that person with the 4.2 kids in the suv and ask them "WHY?". It's just one of those things, I guess, thatyou have to live with.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: zporta

i always park next to the curbs or the islands so there is only one spot for someone 2 park next to me...i just about put my tires on the curb 2 so theres a good foot from my car to the lines...but yea i guess ppl like parking next to nice cars...
+1 always try and get next to a curb then take the spot next to me up a little so nobody is next to me
Old 02-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: NeNCGT

Most of the cars and trucksI've owned have been black and I hate door dingsso parking out in BFE is normal for me.Everyone of them, including this one,draw cars way from the stores out to the far side of the lot. One of these day I've got to stop that person with the 4.2 kids in the suv and ask them "WHY?". It's just one of those things, I guess, thatyou have to live with.
lol 4.2 kids?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:49 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

i always park next to the curbs or the islands so there is only one spot for someone 2 park next to me...i just about put my tires on the curb 2 so theres a good foot from my car to the lines...but yea i guess ppl like parking next to nice cars...

I always make it a point to do the same exact thing- so far, so good....
Old 02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Just a piece of advise....DONT take up 2 spots!!!! This will just **** people off more and make your car that much more of a target. I know how we all are about our cars and how f-uped it is when someone does something to it....but if you take up 2 spots your just asking for it.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

+1 me too
Old 02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I park far away and take up two spaces. HOWEVER my brother had his trans am broken into doing that
Old 02-17-2008, 06:29 PM
08mustanggt
1st Gear Member

happened to me yesterday,parked in the last spot kind of side ways into the striped lines,came out and some a-hole had parked so close he had to have had a helleva time getting out of his without dinging my car. lucky for him and lucky for me cause i would have been waiting for his stupid but.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:33 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

i had that happen a couple of times but the car that park nex to me are nice cars but it is funny that there are 100 spots around me with now one in them and they park next to me lol
That's what I mean. Like if I go to a mall or a supermarket or what have you, and there's endless parking spaces around my car. I go out of my way to park far out when everyone else is being lazy and fighting for the closest spot they can get. Ipark, go in, no problem. But when I come out, there's mom's minivan with the two carseats in the back parked right next to my car. [:@]Sometimes I'll circle my car and make sure everything looks okay. It's just aggravating when people do that.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:35 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

i had that happen a couple of times but the car that park nex to me are nice cars but it is funny that there are 100 spots around me with now one in them and they park next to me lol
That's what I mean. Like if I go to a mall or a supermarket or what have you, and there's endless parking spaces around my car. I go out of my way to park far out when everyone else is being lazy and fighting for the closest spot they can get. Ipark, go in, no problem. But when I come out, there's mom's minivan with the two carseats in the back parked right next to my car. [:@]Sometimes I'll circle my car and make sure everything looks okay. It's just aggravating when people do that.

Maybe she's as proud of that minivan as you are about the Mustang.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you find that people like to park next to you?