Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you find that people like to park next to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you find that people like to park next to you?

I too have......"THINGS" that like to park around me! The best is when I went to a food store and parked as far away as I could, at the HIGHEST elevation so that no carts would ghost ride into me. I was in the store for about 30 minutes and came out to a ring of shopping carts around my car! Took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to unlock the carts so that none of them would drift into my car! I complained to management and they looked at the tapes of the parking lot. Found out it was 2 of their employees that did it! NO damage to the car, but still, the nerve of some people!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

What a bunch of little c*** suckers[:@].
I would have find out where they park their civics and move those carts over there.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I can laugh now, but the time it happened! OH Boy was I hot!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I tend to park as far away as possible and usually have nobody park near me.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 PM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

I've mainly had the luck of other nice cars park next me, or I grab the end spot off on the side as well.If Idon't have that option, i find the biggest spotI canfind and park there.

Seeing as how I've already had to fix one dent behind my driver's door where it looked like somebody punched the car (wasn't even doing anything wrong too...), I'm guessing it's just people not respecting other's cars, or assuming "here's a person who takes care of their car, so I'll park next to them, since they won't ding me".

Dunno, majored in Business, not Psych, so can't be sure. But like you Victoria, when I see someone parked really close, I walk around my car once, even looking at the light reflections on the car to make sure nothing has happened.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Bah, yes.
Mustangs are like glue.
I went to the mall yesterday, and went on the top of the parking deck to find this cobra sitting all by itself way out, so I thought sweet oppotunity for a cell phone photoshoot. I always park by other mustangs, they deserve to be in a pack of sweetness.
There were 2 or 3 random other cars scattered way out also.

I always park by other mustangs, but the thing I didn't get was how we were so far out and when I came back out there was adarn silver maxima sitting right next to me. There were hundreds of spots all around me lol. You can barely see the maxima on the right.

I'm kind of a hypocrite, but whatever. [8D]

Old 02-17-2008, 08:09 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

This is a funny post because most can relate. It does not happen to me anymore because I park so far away that no body in there right mind would want to walk that far to get back to the store. Before I started parking insainly far away and only parked slightly far I have came out to find a car parked way to close being there were 300 other choices. I later understood that they were either stupid or an **shole.

Funny thing is the last few times I went to the movies I have came out to find like 4 other Mustangs parked next to me. Not right next to me but like every other space kinda thing. I thought it was kinda cool being all Stangs and all to be honest and they knew to space the cars out. With so many stangs huddled together it kinda gave the impression we were together. My wife use to hate when we took the stang to catch a movie because she knew it ment parking far away, now we have a system. I drop her off at the door to get in line and I go park far away. I always park under a light post so that it can draw attention if a car pulls up or a person jumps out of a car to cause trouble. It is much easier for them to be seen.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
excalibur

Oh yes, the "hill billy" with the 4.2 kids, the hat on back wards, and
big fat belly with tattoos always parks his truck or SUV next to my
beautiful like new Mustang. I really can't understand the magic attraction !!!!! I park a half a block away, and also try for one "side
protected by a curb " Maybe if I could bottle thisattraction and sell it
I could make a fortune.oh the price we pay !!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

happens to me all the time.... luckily I dont have to work at the mall anymore so no problem with parking in my own driveway!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
my06shaker
2nd Gear Member

Rdot9 - off topic for a moment, what chin spoiler do you have. Looks good.

Quick Reply: Do you find that people like to park next to you?