Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much did you pay for you Chin Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: how much did you pay for you Chin Spoiler?

yeah i want the roush too...
Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

The problem with getting the Roush front fascia is that it is designed with a different slant than the GT's features. Everything on the GT kind of has a slant-forward look....the front bumper, the hood's overhang, the GT appearance hood scoop, the arm rest. The Roush parts give a slant-backward look. The front fascia has a slant-back look, the Roush hood scoop has a slant back look, and the Roush spoiler has a slant-back look.

My point here is to be careful that you don't spoil the theme or lines of your car by getting a partial kit (a.k.a. Roush front fascia only).
Old 02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

bought mine on sale at atlantamustang.com painted perfect match...I think it was 299 painted sonic blue..
Old 02-18-2008, 05:11 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

$325 from a vendor here in town and painted also.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:25 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

my cdc, classic, unpainted, was $225 shipped i believe - word to the wise, though: check local auto body shops with good reputations. i got my spoiler painted for $40: prepped, primed and clear coated.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ink003

my cdc, classic, unpainted, was $225 shipped i believe - word to the wise, though: check local auto body shops with good reputations. i got my spoiler painted for $40: prepped, primed and clear coated.

INK...your ride looks freaking awesome.....Nice looking stang
Old 02-18-2008, 06:40 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: ink003

INK...your ride looks freaking awesome.....Nice looking stang
Got a ??? for ya! Did you get the Black painted CDC then have the shop paint the ends? Or did you just get teh primered one and have the shop paint the entire thing? I think that look is bad *** and I like it.....I'm going to do the same thing here shortly I hope (Wife just told me we are expecting) but anywho what shade of black is that in the middle? Etc the more details you can give me the better, Also if you don't mind I'd like to print a pic of your car to take to the body shop when I get my Spoiler.

Thanks again

-Jason
Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
ErcWrestlr
2nd Gear Member

Awesome looking car ink003!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

The problem with getting the Roush front fascia is that it is designed with a different slant than the GT's features. Everything on the GT kind of has a slant-forward look....the front bumper, the hood's overhang, the GT appearance hood scoop, the arm rest. The Roush parts give a slant-backward look. The front fascia has a slant-back look, the Roush hood scoop has a slant back look, and the Roush spoiler has a slant-back look.

My point here is to be careful that you don't spoil the theme or lines of your car by getting a partial kit (a.k.a. Roush front fascia only).

thats an extremely good point.. and i have noticed that also, just never really had a way to explain it.. good job.. but if it did get the roush, i would prolly put a gt500 rear spoiler, not as slanted as the roush, but helps, and eventually get a cowl hood.. the steeda has been lookin good lately!.. lol
Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

thats an extremely good point.. and i have noticed that also, just never really had a way to explain it.. good job.. but if it did get the roush, i would prolly put a gt500 rear spoiler, not as slanted as the roush, but helps, and eventually get a cowl hood.. the steeda has been lookin good lately!.. lol
Now, you're talkin'!!! I think the Roush fascia, Steeda cowl, and GT500 rear spoiler will be a great combo! You might also add the GT500 type lower bumper or air diffuser (I think that's what it's called) to add a little meat to the rear.

EDIT: I just remembered this. Steeda has the meanest, classiest Stangs out there. Have you considered their competition fascia? I know...it's expensive.

Quick Reply: how much did you pay for you Chin Spoiler?