MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   CASPER! HELP?!?! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/40860-casper-help.html)

silverbullit05 04-01-2005 03:11 PM

CASPER! HELP?!?!

the base no longer offers a diffrence in octane fuels see. i guess the base was running out of diffrent fuels at diffrent times and some octane went faster then other. so now it is only one type of octane on base and i guess the closest that they could get to american gass (wich by the way is crap) and make every one happy is 90 octane. ok so here is the problem it says to only use 93 octane with the tunes i have with my predator tuner. WHAT DO I DO? is there even such things as a custom tune for 90 octane gass? and will running the the same tune with out running 93 octane hurt my engine or any componets assosiated with it??? please if you could offer any help or saloutions i would really appriciate it. thanks for your time and knowledge.

td1320 04-01-2005 03:29 PM

RE: CASPER! HELP?!?!

ORIGINAL: silverbullit05

the base no longer offers a diffrence in octine fuels see. i guess the base was running out of diffrent fuels at diffrent times and some octain went faster then other. so now it is only one octain on base and i guess the closest that they could get to american gass (wich by the way is crap) and make every one happy is 90 octain. ok so here is the problem it says to only use 93 octain with the tunes i have with my predator tuner. WHAT DO I DO? is there even such things as a custom tune for 90 octain gass? and will running the the same tune with out running 93 octain hurt my engine or any componets assosiated with it??? please if you could offer any help or saloutions i would really appriciate it. thanks for your time and knowledge.
With the predator you can call your dealer and tell them you need a regular fuel file and it can be emailed to you. I believe someone on this post has a regular fuel file for the predator. Hope this helps.

lostsoul 04-01-2005 04:01 PM

Yea.. the predator will support other grades of fuel..

http://www.diablosport.com/U7140.php

DiabloSport has generated all dyno tested tunes.

The GT Predator comes with the following 3 tunes:

Performance Tune for 93 octane
Performance Tune for 91 octane
Performance Tune for 87 octane

lostsoul 04-01-2005 04:07 PM

see.. caspers got nothin' on us [sm=hail.gif] heheh.. j/k only joking [X(]

silverbullit05 04-01-2005 04:07 PM

lostsoul i realize it has diffrent tunes but 90 wtf is that i just don't know how picky this cpu is and i don't want to jack any thing up. also with the mods i have it says to run 93 octane or it could damage the engine. thanks for the help though loast i appricate it. i just hope i can get those mods to work off of 90 octane or maby i will have too look into some octane booster

silverbullit05 04-01-2005 04:14 PM

=p yep lol kidding as well. this sucks i have 23 miles till i am empty i have the last bit of 93 octane that i filled up on monday i should have filled up on base yesterday but i had P and was exhausted. i could go off base and get the awsome british gas but at (i think it is up to ) 1 pound wich is (about)2 american per lieter. wich would officially be the most expensive tank if gas i have ever gotten i really don't want to do that.

lostsoul 04-01-2005 04:19 PM

yea.. I would try the octane booster you were talking about. I believe some will kick it up 2-5.. but you will have to mix it in good(aka drive crazy and take hard turns) [sm=happy046.gif]

silverbullit05 04-01-2005 04:27 PM

oh driving like that is a given. i guess since i got the car and there are 2 vette's on base a (a new blue one and the) and a 2003 red one. alone with a 2003 cobra and a few 99 GT's. and they all want a piece i only see them on base so there is never been a chance for us to play(20 MPH speed limit on base) but they all rev and wave and since i am the newest thing they have seen in awhile the fallow me lol. but it is always on my lunch break when i am going back to work. some day i will get a chance to get my ass handed to my by one of those vets there are a few 2000 comarro's o have seen but the thing about around here is there is no room to go very fast.

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

yea.. I would try the octane booster you were talking about. I believe some will kick it up 2-5.. but you will have to mix it in good(aka drive crazy and take hard turns) [sm=happy046.gif]

silverbullit05 04-01-2005 04:37 PM

i have only seen 107 octane booster i hope that a tune can be done for a 90. do you think i should just run a 91 program for now? since it is the closest thing to that grade of fuel?

ORIGINAL: silverbullit05

the base no longer offers a diffrence in octane fuels see. i guess the base was running out of diffrent fuels at diffrent times and some octain went faster then other. so now it is only one octain on base and i guess the closest that they could get to american gass (wich by the way is crap) and make every one happy is 90 octane. ok so here is the problem it says to only use 93 octane with the tunes i have with my predator tuner. WHAT DO I DO? is there even such things as a custom tune for 90 octane gass? and will running the the same tune with out running 93 octane hurt my engine or any componets assosiated with it??? please if you could offer any help or saloutions i would really appriciate it. thanks for your time and knowledge.

lostsoul 04-01-2005 05:11 PM

I would try the booster with any other changes.. and just see if you notice anythign different.. I highly doubt that it will cause any damage. The worst that I think that will happen is tht you might feel a little slugish.. but I wouldnt expect it with the bootser.. all you need is 1-2 more and its adds much more.. even if it give half of what it states your good.