Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get the '05 or wait til '06?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
COJ

Default Should I get the '05 or wait til '06?

Hey there, so I'm saving up for my first car purchase and what better than a 300hp Mustang GT? I've already figured out the color and almost exactly what I want in it. Still debating whether or not to go auto or manual, even though I don't know how to drive one yet, I'm definitely willing to learn for this car. Here's the thing, I've read some problems with the first year model, which is to be expected, but they seem to appear in the cars produced in '04. Are the cars being built in '05 fixing those problems or are they still having the same problems i.e. Shaker problems, rattling/front suspension problems, fuel tank, etc...I'm just curious should I just wait til the '06 comes along? Regardless, I'll wait til the summer earliest to buy b/c that's when I turn 25, and I need that insurance rate to drop, but I'd just like your guys opinions. Just trying to be as well informed as possible b/c this will be the very first car I buy for myself. My '99 Corolla just isn't cutting it on the speed/cool factor anymore except I save a ton on gas. Also, I live in Houston, lots of traffic, worth getting the manual transmission or should I stick with the auto b/c it's basically the only car I'll drive. Thanks for your guys help and I'll keep you updated on my future 'stang.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Should I get the '05 or wait til '06?

If you are waiting until the summer to order, then you will have to order an 06. Keep the 99 and use it for your primary car on your insurance and use it back and forth to work. That will save you a ton of money and you get a multi-car discount.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Silent Bob
1st Gear Member

No more 05's.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Chosen One

ORIGINAL: COJ

. Also, I live in Houston, lots of traffic, worth getting the manual transmission or should I stick with the auto b/c it's basically the only car I'll drive.
Dude, IMHO do not get a stang as your primary vehicle.I mean considering the fact that you wont be able to flex all that V8 power on the roads while driving to work during weekdays (rush hour), its best to continue driving the corolla. Take your manual transmission-stang out during the weekends to have fun!!
Old 04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chosen One

ORIGINAL: COJ

. Also, I live in Houston, lots of traffic, worth getting the manual transmission or should I stick with the auto b/c it's basically the only car I'll drive.
Dude, IMHO do not get a stang as your primary vehicle.I mean considering the fact that you wont be able to flex all that V8 power on the roads while driving to work during weekdays (rush hour), its best to continue driving the corolla. Take your manual transmission-stang out during the weekends to have fun!!
Lol I fly around everyday in Houston in my stang.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silent Bob

No more 05's.
That all depends on the dealer and their allocation. Most of the dealers are out of allocation already but there are some around that still has some left, but they are far and few.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

I'll be driving to work in mine every day, you can count on that, and I'm gonna tear that sht up, show those Volvo drivin computer programmers what an American car does! I'm also thinking I'll be getting the 06, mainly cuz I'm not quite ready to buy... see I don't have a place of employment to drive to yet. lol!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
COJ

Thanks guys for your input. The good thing about my drive to work is that it's only 7miles, and I usually drive during off peak hours. I have a split shift, 6-10am then 4-8pm, so I usually drive around 5:40am and then back to work around 3:30pm, so it's never really that bad. And I never realized how much of a discount having two cars on the same insurance is, especially if I put the corolla as my primary car.

So you're saying that they stopped production of the '05 stang which means no more ordering them right? Just want to make sure I understand that clearly. So basically what's in the dealerships is what's left. So have any of you guys heard of any problems in the newly manufactured '05s?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Perilous
1st Gear Member

Ford did not stop production on the 05. In fact, they're increased production to meet demands. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.theautochannel.com/F/news...17/015016.html
Old 04-02-2005, 12:34 AM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

I just bought my 05 today. It was on the lot, wanted it, bought it.

I had one on order, but this was exactly what the other car had and I didn't have to wait any longer.

05's are still being made and orders are still being taken.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Should I get the '05 or wait til '06?