Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foglight mods - kewl upgrade - HOW TO soon to come.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is this mod to the OEM foglights possible on the S197?

THATS IT! im tinting my front! I have 5% all around but i want to be BLIND! damit
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Unleashedbeast

See, it's DARK in here.....muahahahaha![sm=lildevil.gif]

Badass....I dont really get the thread question though...When I put myhighbeems on my fogs and my headlightsturn on so whats the question?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
airborneallthway
2nd Gear Member

Foglights are supposed to turn off when high beams come on. It goes back to the days when all vehicles had a separate bulb for regular headlights and high beams, since most states have a law that says no more than four beams can be on at any one time. If your vehicle has a two-light setup for regular and brights, then with fog lights on it would be in violation. Of course, these Stangs don't have that problem, so really, it's atechnicality. But automakers still design their cars to operate in accordance with these old ways. So either your car has been moified or your OEM fogs do turn of but you may not notice. And man, that dark tint looks sweet!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: airborneallthway

Foglights are supposed to turn off when high beams come on. It goes back to the days when all vehicles had a separate bulb for regular headlights and high beams, since most states have a law that says no more than four beams can be on at any one time. If your vehicle has a two-light setup for regular and brights, then with fog lights on it would be in violation. Of course, these Stangs don't have that problem, so really, it's atechnicality. But automakers still design their cars to operate in accordance with these old ways. So either your car has been moified or your OEM fogs do turn of but you may not notice. And man, that dark tint looks sweet!
I did not ask why Ford did it this way...I know why they did. I bypassed this on my Trans Am and want to do the same on my Mustang.

I want to be able to turn on my highbeams and the foglights stay on PERIOD! Who figured it out or do I need to apply my electronic expertize and do it myself....then take picture....then educate everyone else. I honestly don't have the time to map it out without a service manual.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
airborneallthway
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, my explanation was for one of the other posters, not you, but the compliment onthe Stang was for you. I can see the confusion...I am bad at that simetimes. I wired a Jeep I had to do this but I couldn't tell you where to start on these cars. I know I have seen people on here who said they did this, so hopefully one of them will see this thread and help out.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: airborneallthway

In Illinois, at least, this wouldn't be a problem:

(625 ILCS 5/12‑210) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑210)
Sec. 12‑210. Use of head lamps and auxiliary driving lamps. (a) Whenever the driver of any vehicle equipped with an electric driving head lamp, driving head lamps, auxiliary driving lamp or auxiliary driving lamps is within 500 feet of another vehicle approaching from the opposite direction, the driver shall dim or drop such head lamp or head lamps and shall extinguish all auxiliary driving lamps.
(b) The driver of any vehicle equipped with an electric driving head lamp, head lamps, auxiliary driving lamp or auxiliary driving lamps shall dim or drop such head lamp or head lamps and shall extinguish all auxiliary driving lamps when there is another vehicle traveling in the same direction less than 300 feet to the front of him.
(c) No vehicle shall have the lighting system modified to allow more than 2 electric head lamps to be lighted while operating in the dimmed or dropped position.
(d) Nothing in this Section shall prohibit the use of auxiliary driving lamps, commonly referred to as "fog" lamps, when used in conjunction with head lamps, if such auxiliary driving lamps are adjusted and so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of drivers of oncoming vehicles.
(Source: P.A. 85‑1144.)
Old 02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i like the tint on the front windsheild.....may i ask what type of medical reason you get that for???
Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rford426

i like the tint on the front windsheild.....may i ask what type of medical reason you get that for???
Yes, no problem. I have blue eyes and wear contact lenses that are somewhat powerful. This combined makes me VERY sensitive to sunlight and if I walk outside without sunglasses on I will have a migraine in less than 5 minutes. When I drive during the day I still wear my sunglasses even though the windows are blacked out. It's a must! If I do get a headache I can't get it to go away until I lay down that night to sleep. It's very painful. My eye doctor knew of my problems and told me he would get me an exemption. I did not argue with him on that.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:25 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

They aren't illegal!They aren't headlights and they are pointed down. Go to MrTaillight.com. That's where I got mine. I drive right by cops and they just wave.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:34 AM
airborneallthway
2nd Gear Member

Then they aren't illegal in Colorado. So how did you do yours so Unleashed can hook his car up?

Quick Reply: Foglight mods - kewl upgrade - HOW TO soon to come.