Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foglight mods - kewl upgrade - HOW TO soon to come.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: is this mod to the OEM foglights possible on the S197?

They're not illegal anywhere. The fogs are just on when the brights are on, also, they are on when the low beams are on. Or.................you can still turn them off with the fog switch if you don't want em on. You still have to dim your bright to oncoming traffic. You can leave them on with the lows just like you always could. He needs to go the Mrtailight.com or he has an ebay store. Simple installation.http://www.mrtaillight.com/product_i...82bc67fd0de14b

Old 02-20-2008, 11:08 AM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

Maybe i'm missing something, but whats the need to have the fogs on if the high beams are on? The light provided by them is more then enough, so I dunno...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Have the fogs turned off even since the 2005 stang.... or did they add this feature....
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM
psd1

ORIGINAL: LX200

Have the fogs turned off even since the 2005 stang.... or did they add this feature....
They have turned off since atleast the 87 GT's...
Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yur1279

Maybe i'm missing something, but whats the need to have the fogs on if the high beams are on? The light provided by them is more then enough, so I dunno...

The fogs fill in the void of light between the car and the place where the high beams hit. And, they throw a certain amount of light out at the shoulder of the road where the deer and elk live. More is more.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

the factory hids look strange

makes the mustang look blind if it were a person
Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ok guys, I went to Pep Boys today and bought a Haynes manual for the 05-07 Mustang. The wiring schematics pointing me in the right direction. It seems that the wire triggering the foglight relay has to travel through the Smart Junction Box (SJB)in the passenger kick panel. After careful review, and drawing paper, I drew a circuit using a relay that would allow me to bypass the SJB so it could NOT turn off the foglights when the headlights were on HIGH. My relay design also allowed me to retain the factory lighting feature. The feature that makes your foglights turn on when you unlock the doors with your keyfob. This is how it works. When I turn off the foglights on the factory dash switch the relay converts the wiring back to stock configeration allowing OEM function of the lighting. When I turn the switch on, the relay bypasses the factory wiring and allows the fogs to remain on no matter WHAT!

Another great feature of my design.....you can turn the foglights on with the key OFF! I thought it was stupid that you could turn the parking lights and headlights on without the key, but not the fogs. My design fixed this setback.

When I get time and the girlfriend returns my camera I will snap pictures and do a killer HOW TO for anyone else interested in this upgrade.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: yur1279

The fogs fill in the void of light between the car and the place where the high beams hit. And, they throw a certain amount of light out at the shoulder of the road where the deer and elk live. More is more.
FINALLY!!!!

Someone who understands why I want my fogs on all the time with my highbeams! Good job buddy, you won a cookie!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

They're not illegal anywhere. The fogs are just on when the brights are on, also, they are on when the low beams are on. Or.................you can still turn them off with the fog switch if you don't want em on. You still have to dim your bright to oncoming traffic. You can leave them on with the lows just like you always could. He needs to go the Mrtailight.com or he has an ebay store. Simple installation.http://www.mrtaillight.com/product_i...82bc67fd0de14b

Forget paying 12.99 or whatever he is charging plus shipping. I built my kit for FREE with ONE left over relay I had in my tool box. Installing alarms for years made this conversion EASY!

Not to mention after reading his description how much more USELESS work his kit requires you to install. WHY do you need another switch? DEE DEE DEE!!!!! Damn, I can't wait to get this HOW TO made up this sunday to show you how darn easy this was.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Black08gt

cant wait to see...also can you get the relay from autozone?

Quick Reply: Foglight mods - kewl upgrade - HOW TO soon to come.