Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Have the Geiger Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody Have the Geiger Kit?

ORIGINAL: eric6913

people on this forum who think high spoilers are rice or gay just dont know **** about the motorsports look.
They don't have to know about the motorsports look to know if they like what they see or not. Its all opinion...

Old 02-23-2008, 01:49 AM
NamelessLiar
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

ORIGINAL: eric6913

people on this forum who think high spoilers are rice or gay just dont know **** about the motorsports look.
They don't have to know about the motorsports look to know if they like what they see or not. Its all opinion...

+1 I don't like them either, but to each his own....honestly this kit doesn't do too much for me. I think the spoiler 'spoils' it for me...:rimshot: lol
Old 02-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Spiffu
2nd Gear Member

Ok, race spec spoilers have their place in exactly as the name indicates, racing. I don't even see high raise spoilers on the grand am FR300 GT mustangs. Only the FR500 cobra that races in the FIA GT3 series over in europe thats putting down close to 600hp needs the down force, as do the rest of the cars in that series.

Ducktail spoilers, etc, that give the car elegent smooth lines are more indignant of what the S197 and it's retro styling are all about. If you want to make a track car, go right ahead build it for maximum down force and grip where the raised spoiler would be appropriate. But on the street it just looks rediculous from a style point of view, and thats not an opinion thats common sense.

This is allowed to have a raised spoiler and not be rice.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:13 AM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

like the rear

front is not ss
Old 02-23-2008, 05:26 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

generally speaking on this forum though, the lower the spoiler if any at all, is much more accepted.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:43 AM
SoleSky

well, i could find the site where you roder it from, though its only in German >.>
Old 02-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i like it and i fail to see how the sdie skirts are "rice". that makes no sense at all
Old 02-23-2008, 10:25 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spiffu

Ok, race spec spoilers have their place in exactly as the name indicates, racing. I don't even see high raise spoilers on the grand am FR300 GT mustangs. Only the FR500 cobra that races in the FIA GT3 series over in europe thats putting down close to 600hp needs the down force, as do the rest of the cars in that series.

Ducktail spoilers, etc, that give the car elegent smooth lines are more indignant of what the S197 and it's retro styling are all about. If you want to make a track car, go right ahead build it for maximum down force and grip where the raised spoiler would be appropriate. But on the street it just looks rediculous from a style point of view, and thats not an opinion thats common sense.

This is allowed to have a raised spoiler and not be rice.

Well said! [sm=smiley32.gif]

A raised spoiler may have its origins in motorsports but the fact is that ricers often put them on their cars for no real purpose but to look gaudy so that's why we associate them with ricers. I often see little imports with no body kit whatsoever and all they have is a huge spoiler in the back. WTF??? Hahaha
Old 02-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

[&:][&:][:'(][:'(]
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM
SoleSky

I don't think it comes in anything but orange from what i've seen, its geiger, and all of their stuff seems to be in orange.... I'll look

Quick Reply: Anybody Have the Geiger Kit?