Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Have the Geiger Kit?

Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody Have the Geiger Kit?

Found thisvideo of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyicOUoFr5M
Old 02-23-2008, 11:06 AM
SoleSky

http://www.geigercars.de/shop/Default.aspx
this is where you order it
Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 AM
SoleSky

It's all in german, anybody know German that could help out with the translation, and not use a translation web page?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007CalSpec

ORIGINAL: Spiffu

Ok, race spec spoilers have their place in exactly as the name indicates, racing. I don't even see high raise spoilers on the grand am FR300 GT mustangs. Only the FR500 cobra that races in the FIA GT3 series over in europe thats putting down close to 600hp needs the down force, as do the rest of the cars in that series.

Ducktail spoilers, etc, that give the car elegent smooth lines are more indignant of what the S197 and it's retro styling are all about. If you want to make a track car, go right ahead build it for maximum down force and grip where the raised spoiler would be appropriate. But on the street it just looks rediculous from a style point of view, and thats not an opinion thats common sense.

This is allowed to have a raised spoiler and not be rice.

Well said! [sm=smiley32.gif]

A raised spoiler may have its origins in motorsports but the fact is that ricers often put them on their cars for no real purpose but to look gaudy so that's why we associate them with ricers. I often see little imports with no body kit whatsoever and all they have is a huge spoiler in the back. WTF??? Hahaha
Hey or maybe, just maybe, some people like them......I dunno you ever think of that. Hey like me. I know it don't do anything really, but hey I just LIKE THEM so I bought one. Sorry if we all can't have cars that look like yours. Cause you guys have the coolest looking cars ever!!!! [:'(] I really don't care if it looks rice or whatever, I like it!!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:03 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

ORIGINAL: 2007CalSpec

ORIGINAL: Spiffu

Ok, race spec spoilers have their place in exactly as the name indicates, racing. I don't even see high raise spoilers on the grand am FR300 GT mustangs. Only the FR500 cobra that races in the FIA GT3 series over in europe thats putting down close to 600hp needs the down force, as do the rest of the cars in that series.

Ducktail spoilers, etc, that give the car elegent smooth lines are more indignant of what the S197 and it's retro styling are all about. If you want to make a track car, go right ahead build it for maximum down force and grip where the raised spoiler would be appropriate. But on the street it just looks rediculous from a style point of view, and thats not an opinion thats common sense.

This is allowed to have a raised spoiler and not be rice.

Well said! [sm=smiley32.gif]

A raised spoiler may have its origins in motorsports but the fact is that ricers often put them on their cars for no real purpose but to look gaudy so that's why we associate them with ricers. I often see little imports with no body kit whatsoever and all they have is a huge spoiler in the back. WTF??? Hahaha
Hey or maybe, just maybe, some people like them......I dunno you ever think of that. Hey like me. I know it don't do anything really, but hey I just LIKE THEM so I bought one. Sorry if we all can't have cars that look like yours. Cause you guys have the coolest looking cars ever!!!! [:'(] I really don't care if it looks rice or whatever, I like it!!

Your spoiler actually goes well with the whole look of your car. Let me clarify...what I think looksgaudy are these large wing spoilers on cars that have no body kits to go with it. Even though they serve no real purpose on the street, at least have a body kit that flows well with the large wing spoiler. I get a laugh whenever I see littlecivics andaccordsthat look totally stock but then the ownersslap on this huge wing spoiler. Why oh why?[:'(]
Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i kinda like it but i dont like the interior
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Zookroo1
1st Gear Member

The orange interior is a bit much, but the seats are pretty sweet. They look comfortable and supportive.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:12 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i like the seats, but i'd probably opt for red stitching instead of the white. and that is wayy too much orange up in there.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I know, I know, the rear spoilers are "functional" (on a street car of course). hehehe . But I tell ya what, remove that sucker, replace with a ducktailand that's one of the best looking stangs' I've seen.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Just watched the vid. It appears to be a autosound/perf demo car. The little satellite on the dash that looks really tacky probablyhelpsthe autosound fill and dynamics. Sometimes things that look like crap actually have a purpose (i.e. whale tail spoilers).

And if I'm not mistaken that's a Kenne Bell under hood....

It serves a purpose too

And it needs an MGW shifter. waaaahaaaahaaaa.