Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Whipple Pics and Dyno (Finally)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:15 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default 07 Whipple Pics and Dyno (Finally)

Sorry it has been three weeks since my install and I am just now getting this post up. I have lots of excuses but nobody cares. Oh well one more excuse. I am a horrible photographer. My wife is pretty good so someday I will have her take some pics that people can really enjoy.

The Story

I had it installed at Real Street Performance in Orlando. Jay is a great guy and put up with all of my crap. I did run into some problems in that my kit was missing a small bag of hardware and the connector for the GT-500 fuel pumps. After having a "discussion" with a guy at Whipple they overnighted out my parts for CA. So my 3 day install turned into 6 by the time it was all over.

Let me set the scene. After all the crap and waiting years to get supercharged I go to the shop. It saterday around 11. The owner goes over some stuff with me and then we go and pop the hood. {Quote angel music and ray of sunshine} It was a beauty. After that we go in the office and I pay. Get in the car and start to drive off, smiling. I am taking it easy waiting for the engine to warm up. That and the computer is telling me that I only have 3 miles to E. Why on earth did I not keep and eye for a gas station on my way in.

Driving, driving, driving, still no gas station. 3 miles, 2 miles, 1 miles, 0 miles to E. CRAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! Finally a gas station, pull in. Stick in my credit card, machines locks up WTF!!! Go inside, computers are down cant run a card and I have no cash. Back in the car. Driving, driving, listening for the engine starting to miss. Few another gas station, pull in, run the card all is well. I am pumping right next to the car wash machine. Hear splashing and look over and see water hitting the ground by the machine. No big deal. Then I smell the gas. Look down and gas is pouring from the bottom of the car.

I call the shop back no answer. What was that the owner said, oh yeah he was going out to lunch. Crap. what to do? I throw caution to the wind and start the drive back to the shop dripping gasoline behind me. Waiting for the movie cigarette flick that will blow me into oblivion. It nevers comes, and I pull back into his parking lot. Smart idea, no, but I am still here to tell you so chaulk it up to the luck of the Irish.

Sitting waiting, more waiting, after an hour the owner shows up and is surprised to see me. I tell him the problem and he says hmmm. Takes out the back seat and grabs a long screw driver and a hammer. Proceded to pound on something. He gets out and goes and gets a BIGGER hammer. Bangs some more. Then says lets hit a gas station. He tells me to turn the opposite way from before and in less than a mile, gas station. Carfully I start to pump and watch the numbers climb. Finally the tank is full phew.

Jay tells me that he flipped an O ring around and couldnt tell what the problem was but it appears fixed. Since then I have filled up about 4 times without drama. So I assume all is well. This time as I pull out of his parking lot and lite the tires up through third. Ah quest complete.

Impressions

Well the car is defineately woken up. I can say for sure it is the fastest car I have ever owned. I cant say that it really scratches the itch left from owning sportbikes though. I guess my whole sense of speed is warped by 130rwhp on a machine that weighs 400lbs. That isnt to say I am not happy though. So far it has shown its tail lights to a GTO, WS6, C5 vettes, STI, and a 99 COBRA with some stuff done to it, had a gauge pillar pod and dump exhaust. I have to say I am looking forward to getting the 10 psi pulley and a tune, hope to get another 50rwhp. This comes after a new clutch and wider rear tires.

Specifications

Whipple HO running 8 psi pulley, on a whipple canned 91 octane tune. The car made 416rwhp SAE corrected on a Dynojet.

Other Mods

Along with the supercharger the car also got the MGW and BMR UCA, LCA's. Have to say I love the MGW. Much better and more positive than stock but still pretty smooth. It is no rock crusher. Defineately worth the money. I havent noticed a big difference from the suspension. I never had wheel hop before, I did this more as a preventative measure.

Questions Comments, just ask.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2008, 09:23 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Whipple Pics and Dyno (Finally)

Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looking good guru, i'm glad everything is
working as it should now.

the whipple looks fantastic!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
justang07
2nd Gear Member

thats awsome
Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

I lovee this picture:

Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
99flhr
2nd Gear Member

The rpm scale on your dyno chart is 1000 rpm too "high" ???
Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Redfire3V

I lovee this picture:

Yeah I had to take that one. It is the classic Whipple Pic. I would put it in my sig but Moose already took it.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99flhr

The rpm scale on your dyno chart is 1000 rpm too "high" ???
Thats not RPM across the bottom it is time.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

looks bad *** man..

hey, belle ave, winter springs, is that by the batting cages, in those warehouse buildings off of 434?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Yup

Quick Reply: 07 Whipple Pics and Dyno (Finally)