Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will this, fit here? .. PICS AND DIAGRAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:10 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default will this, fit here? .. PICS AND DIAGRAM

hey guys..

i asked this about a week ago and didnt really get an answer, so ill try again with pics and be more clear..

i need to know if these cats....

FREE Shipping! This Magnaflow 2.5" high-flow ceramic substrate converter is perfect as a replacement for a damaged or burned-out cat. It will fit on most aftermarket Mustang mid-pipes.

Sold individually.

Features
- Hi-flow ceramic substrate
- 2.5" inlet and outlet
- 13" overall length (9" body)
- 4" tall, 6.5" wide
- Does not include any sensor bungs or airtubes
- Cutting and welding may be required for installation
- EPA OBD II: 3-WAY 6.2L/6000 LBS
- Calif. ARB non OBD II: 3- WAY 5.9L/6000 LBS

will fit where the red circles are on this mid pipe (stock) (and basically want to fit them where it bends in towards the H pipe) it is explained better in the pic below

Old 02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Default RE: will this, fit here? .. PICS AND DIAGRAM

if you measure it and it fits in there then you should be good but how come you dont want to put it were the other cats are
Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM
soonerbomb

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure he's wanting to take the old cats off, put a straight pipe in with cutouts so when he wants he can open up to straight headers. But, when he closes he wants the new cats positioned so he'll have stock exhaust. That should work as long as the new cats will will fit correctly. But the only want to know is going to be to do some measuring lol. I'm sure thats what you wanted to hear.Are you planning on driving the car around with open headers or just for sound and to show off when setting still?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

well.. just went to my buddys house (blackout) and his dad's vert GT has a JBA high flow catted X.. and stock mufflers.. he started it for me.. and it sounds just like my stock h and mufflers at idle.. start up is a littleee louder, but that should be fine..

and the highflow cats on the JBA X pipe are actually ibetween where the cats are on the stock setup and where i wanted to put them.. so i could put the cutouts on the bend like they are on my setup right now.. and will still be way louder when opened since its a high flow cat, and when closed, i will have a decent sounding exhaust.. and the best part is, i dont have to worry about emissions either way, open or closed bc its still going through a "cat".. and the high flow will allow alot more noise....

IM SO FCKIN EXCITED.. i just need the OK from my stepdad and im GOOD!!!!!!..

the down side is that the catted x costs $380 or something along those lines.. which step dad wont know, i will tell him it only cost 150 and no labour.. ill just put it in.. which i will do in front of him.. and then take it to a muffler shop, and have him put in the y-pipe for the cutouts

I LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
soonerbomb

Glad to hear your going to leave the cutouts after the cat. Running the open header on a factory small block could have possibly lead to floating a valve, that is why i was curious if you were going to be actually driving the car with the open headers. But i'm glad you got it figured out either way.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

thank you man.. and ya i have heard that same thing about burning the valves running open headers.. but then i was telling ppl about it on here.. and they were like... NO YOUR WRONG, NO SUCH THING.. BACK PRESSURE DOESNT MATTER.. blah blah.. i dunno man.. im not exhaust expert..

but half say it matters.. half say it wont..

but i feel better about running them after the cat for sure..

heres the site to the x that im gunna buy i guess.. wish they made them in a H.. but i will take what i can get!
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...es/BX46053.gif

for $388... does anyone know if brenspeed gives the forums a discount?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Free shipping.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

o foreal?.. thats good.. but plus the $3.00 to take it off the shelf and put it in a box.. ]=
Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 AM
soonerbomb

Can't go wrong with Bassani, expensive, but good product! I personally prefer X pipe over H, just a personal preference as I said. But you better let us know how them cutouts sound when its done!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:26 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

lol for sure!.. ill do a comparison of stock.. stock wiht X and then with the cutouts open..

Quick Reply: will this, fit here? .. PICS AND DIAGRAM