Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some information...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Bry0369

Default Need some information...

ok everyone im usually into the whole honda tunning scene i currently have an integra but heres the problem i drove my friends 05 mustang gt tonight and i found it hard to believe but i LOVED it.. i only have a few questions how reliable is the new mustang? any on going problems with the car? how bad is insurance on it im 19. if i do decide to get one i will most definatly get a gt 5 speed idk if that helps with any of my questions.. also how bad really is the gas miliage?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Need some information...

Ford has come a long way in reliability, the mustang is pretty solid.

Some have water leak down the passenger footwell but I think there is a solution nwo.

Pretty bad on insurance ... ask your company, they'll tell you how much it'll be.

Gas mileage isn't stellar but could be worse. When I do 100% stop and go city driving I get 15ish mpg. Run it out on the highway and 23-25 is possible. A mix with most of it being stop and go is 18-19mpg.

Oh yea, and pick one up ... you won't be sorry. There is no comparision.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 PM
soonerbomb

Default RE: Need some information...

Well I'm glad u might be getting away from the ricer scene to a real car, lol j/k (well not really).The S197 mustangs are bad asses if you don't mind me saying. I've had 2 of these cars. The first was an 06 that I absolutely loved, but got rid of it like an idiot for an 07 F150 FX4 bad *** truck. One of those thought I was growing up kinda things and after less than a year missed my car so I got me a new 08 Alloy. But at any rate to get on with your questions, it is a V8 muscle car so the gas mileage isn't going to be terrific but I think a lot of ppl on here will agree with me that it is really good for the type of car it is. As I used to work in parts at a Ford stealership I have never seen a ongoing continuousissue with these cars. I got my first one when I was 20 and my insurance was close to 700 every 6 months. I didn't see that as being too high as for some reason my insurance prior to that had always been high even with a clear record. I had to change some things around on my plan to lower the insurance but nothing that was too bad. As for the 5speed, it has a 5speed auto in it also. Granted the auto's can't take as much abuse as the manuals. I found I actually liked the auto better. It's easier to get the car to hook if your doing any racing. Yes the manuals are funner to drive, but if you do a lot of racing as I do. I found that the auto can be just as fun and a lot less costly when you need that split second difference between spinning through first or nailing it at the line. But I have seen some guys out there who can hook them manuals like theres no tomorrow. Just depends on how well you can drive your car! Hope I was of some help.