Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swept spinners or straight spinners? Help me decide :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Swept spinners or straight spinners? Help me decide :)

I have the BRS swept spinners. I see more straight ones in pictures, so they seem to be more popular. The only problem I have with them is that they really don't stand out against silver colored wheels. I've been toying with getting new wheels, but I haven't been able to persuade myself to part with that kind of money. Too many other things that require the green stuff...

The BRS spinners are top quality, BTW. They are real metal and are mounted well. A bit pricey, but you often get what you pay for.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

I have the BRS swept spinners. I see more straight ones in pictures, so they seem to be more popular. The only problem I have with them is that they really don't stand out against silver colored wheels. I've been toying with getting new wheels, but I haven't been able to persuade myself to part with that kind of money. Too many other things that require the green stuff...

The BRS spinners are top quality, BTW. They are real metal and are mounted well. A bit pricey, but you often get what you pay for.
do you have a drug addiction?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:46 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I have a set of the BRS swept spinners....I am willing to part for cheap....$40 plus shipping if you are interested pm me...I had the swept but went in a different direction with the look....
enjoy the $100 bath, I just listed mine on e-bay after the lowball offer and I just sold them in 45 minutes for 110 total.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antipeterleague

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

do you have a drug addiction?
No, but why do you ask? Oh, the reference to other uses for money. But I do have more than one hobby. Cameras, to mention one of the more expensive ones.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

haha i was jsut messing. i'm a photographer as well and right now have no money for new gear due to stang financing..
Old 02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
logicbombx
2nd Gear Member

Are you saying the ford spinners are plastic?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: logicbombx

Are you saying the ford spinners are plastic?
That's my understanding.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

I personally think it depends on the style of wheel you have in order to best decide on straight or swept. I have deep dish Bullitt wheels and decided to go with the swept spinners from BRS (see photo album for a view), and I love 'em and constantly get compliments on 'em. People are always checking them out when I pull up next to other cars at a light....staring down at my wheels and oogling over 'em. However, some folks tend to view the straight spinners as being more "classic" for the Mustang and think that's the ONLY way to go for ANY Mustang. But again, I personally think it depends on the wheel you're running and the overall look you're trying to achieve. In the end, like most everything we do wth our cars, it's really YOUR choice.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I have a set of the BRS swept spinners....I am willing to part for cheap....$40 plus shipping if you are interested pm me...I had the swept but went in a different direction with the look....
enjoy the $100 bath, I just listed mine on e-bay after the lowball offer and I just sold them in 45 minutes for 110 total.
awesome.....good 4 u...hey if a fellow member will get them from me as cheap as I just posted then good for them...I don't mind saving somebody from this forum a few dollars...$100 bath...so be it...I guess I don't mind saving a fellow member a few bucks...glad u had ebay success....your attempt to rub my nose in it...not so nice....thx though..tracedaddy I pmed ya back let me know...
Old 02-27-2008, 01:02 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Ew.....straight only!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Swept spinners or straight spinners? Help me decide :)