Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang EXPERTS: please help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 AM
wcbadboy21

Default Mustang EXPERTS: please help...

Hi everyone,

Im a newbie in need of some advice. Here we go:

I'm a 21 year old college attending- working male in Las Vegasthat'slooking for a convertible and found this deal. ...
Tell me if its a good deal or no.

Mustang Convertible V6 4.0L
White ext/ Black int
automatic
only 22,222k miles on it
only one previous owner: a rental company!
Price $13,500

Im not looking for powerful, muscle cars (gt's and cobras) I just want a sporty convertible where I can roll the top down and cruise down the street for years to come. Any advice from the experts?
I think this is a good deal, except for its rental history. That's a turn off, but i did hear that they do get maintanced very well even though they probably get driven hard. The good thing is that this 06 still has some of its warranty left. What do you experts advice me to do? Wait and keep shopping around(im patient)for better deals? or go for it!
-Oz
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang EXPERTS: please help...

good price and good milage. One bit of advice grab an extended warranty.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:43 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Eek! I bought a rental before, and it sucked. People beat those things up badly. Its exterior doesn't get much care, the interior gets beatup, and the car gets floored and trashed also. Who knows how often it got an oil change... Who knows if its ever had an oil change...

Anyways, at $13K its not THAT much money, and worst came to worst you could turn around and sell it.

I say go for it, if you cant find anything else...

But baby the poor car
Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 AM
wcbadboy21

thanks, but i don't think they'll have that available. It's one of those "smaller" dealerships. you know...

EDIT:
yeh roy, independent dealerships... haha.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Roystarwind

you mean independent dealership..anyways you could get the warranty from some other companys...
Old 02-26-2008, 01:14 AM
soonerbomb

Well seeing how I worked for a dealership for a while I know first hand how rentals get treated. It is a great deal on that car, but think of a rental car as a stray dog. It may be abused and mistreated but it's looking for a good home, if you think you can take care of it and treat it right then go for it. Worse come to worse there is someone always looking for what you don't want and you may be able to get more out of it than what you put in! Just a bit of advice.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

The car you are talking about probably doesn't even have leather and is in extremely poor condition. The warranty is unessesary, that's like fixing a cold with antibiotic (the cold is a virus). Irreperable damage has been done to the car in terms of scratches and interior surface wear. You're just not going to be happy with the car to begin with because it's not a pony package, or a premium with an audio system that actually works (the non-premiums usually have an audio system which is of the lowest quality on the market, where as most mustangs have one of the best audio sytems). If I were you I'd go for a v6 with a GT conversion on it and a few other options, then you will be satisfied. Then again I don't lknow what your needs are.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 AM
wcbadboy21

thanks for your advice! anyone else have any ideas?

BTW,

Kbb valued this car at $20k
and this other website valued it at $16-18k

Sounds like a good deal to me. Maybe I can negotiate with them and have them lower the price a G or 2.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 AM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wcbadboy21

thanks for your advice! anyone else have any ideas?

BTW,

Kbb valued this car at $20k
and this other website valued it at $16-18k

Sounds like a good deal to me. Maybe I can negotiate with them and have them lower the price a G or 2.

ALLWAYS negotiate. Give em the hardline on your price, if they don't take it walk away. There are alot of mustangs out there.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

They are a high interest type place that deals exclusively in auctioned cars. I know the type of place. There are many along Coalfax in Denver. They probably have 9-10K in it. I wouldn't even consider it. You can do a lot of beating on a car in 22,000 miles. It has had a hard life. Not something I would want.

Quick Reply: Mustang EXPERTS: please help...