Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would the new stang owners love to see in an upgraded version of an '05?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Chosen One

Default What would the new stang owners love to see in an upgraded version of an '05?

ok, seems like '05 stang owners are pretty pissed at me because of this thread that i started:https://mustangforums.com/m_455080/tm.htm

but believe me, just like i mentioned in the other thread, my intentions were not to offend any new stang owners.i was just looking for unbiased opinions and i got them too (though not manY).

so i thought why not start a thread that actually poses the direct question to all new stang owners:

What would you'll love to see in an upgraded version of an '05?already, people seem to have discovered a dozen new bugs in '05.So go right ahead and let us know what parts/accessories would you all have preferred over the current ones in the new stang!

also, what are you complaints with FORD??

comments please!!thanx.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:10 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What would the new stang owners love to see in an upgraded version of an '05?

Why are you still digging for negative coments? you want negative about the 05, and as a bonus negative about ford... Whats up with that?

I would like a different shifter, something more like my old hurst I had, but I understand this is a "internal" shift trany, so it may not be possible.
I don't care for the tail lights much.
Should put the tach on the right and the speedo on the left...
Old 04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What would the new stang owners love to see in an upgraded version of an '05?

ORIGINAL: showam1

Should put the tach on the right and the speedo on the left...
Agreed! Also I would like to see the Midnight Grey color on the Mustang.. I ordered a Mineral Grey cause it was the closest thing... but not REALLY what I wanted.

Ford should add $15K the the MSRP and then maybe they could keep up with production, and there would not be as many wannabes on the streets...

Wannabes = those that drive around in a Mustang for the look, but have no real love for the car, no desire to tweak and race, etc... My town is FULL of these...
Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

I'm not so sure he's digging for negative comments, instead constructive criticism of the product. Ford loves to hear these things, it lets them know what the market wants from their products. I surely don't think anybody should be offended by this question.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I love the car. I would have liked a 5.4 L V8 instead of the 4.6 so I could beat on some LS1s but it still has a decent amount of power.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
excalibur

Hey Chosen get, your self a 2005 mustang then maybe you'll
know what your talking about
Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

How about forged internals? The rebuilt bottom end would allow for alot more modifications.

What about an upgraded transmission/torque converter that would allow for more hp/tq, especially for the automatic transmission.

I love the car, bought it on Friday, and as I have posted today and in my signature, already bought about $1400 worth of stuff today. Gears and underdrive pulleys are the next purchase today, so todays damage should be about $2k. I still need the tires from Discounttire, so I should be about $2600 when the first round of mods are done. Oh yeah, a little bit of labor cost as well. Most of it I will be doing myself.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Whitey_McNasty

Ford should add $15K the the MSRP and then maybe they could keep up with production, and there would not be as many wannabes on the streets...

Wannabes = those that drive around in a Mustang for the look, but have no real love for the car, no desire to tweak and race, etc... My town is FULL of these...
So just because I want better gas mileage, hate driving manual transmission in L.A. bumper to bumper traffic, and I don't have to prove that "I'm the fastest" putting everyone's life in danger and racing down the street, that makes me a wannabe? You know what, F U! It's immature punks like you who kill innocent people that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, just to prove something.

Don't judge people's decisions about their cars just because they don't pour another $10,000 into them to meet your approval. I, for one, am not seeking your approval with my car.
[sm=rant.gif]

Now, back to the topic at hand. What I really want is an ash tray that I can put my spare change in. Not that lame thing in the center console but something that will fit a few bills in there too. That's the one thing I miss about my truck.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BradC

So just because I want better gas mileage, hate driving manual transmission in L.A. bumper to bumper traffic, and I don't have to prove that "I'm the fastest" putting everyone's life in danger and racing down the street, that makes me a wannabe? You know what, F U! It's immature punks like you who kill innocent people that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, just to prove something.

Don't judge people's decisions about their cars just because they don't pour another $10,000 into them to meet your approval. I, for one, am not seeking your approval with my car.
LOL Dude your a F*CKSTICK!!

I don't have to prove that "I'm the fastest" putting everyone's life in danger and racing down the street
Hey retard, I only race at the "speedway" down the road from my house... But if you like I will come by and run your dumb *** over!!
It's immature punks like you
Dont even pretend you know me... cause if you did, that diahrea would never have come running out of your mouth...
Don't judge people's decisions about their cars just because they don't pour another $10,000 into them to meet your approval.
Shut up and buy a Kia...
You know what, F U!
Uh why don't you go fornicate yourself, it would me more entertaining for the rest of us to watch... we can point and laugh at you, while you make an *** of yourself just as you did in your post.
I, for one, am not seeking your approval with my car.
Good cause I was not offering it.

If your wondering ^^ this is an example of why you dont smart off with limited to no information about someone, making personal attacks. You end up with an *** full of Whitey and nothing to show for it except a sore bum! (Not even a courtesy reach around!)

BradC-> <-Whitey

ADD-

BTW if your offended you shouldn't have spouted off in the first place...

What crawled up your *** and died? Was it me?

It was a little uncalled for...

But I can take a joke...

Can you?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

BTW Chosen One,

Thanks for the topic... much better and constructive that the "Disappointed" thread that turned into a novel.

Lets see if we can do it again!! Muahahahaha...

Quick Reply: What would the new stang owners love to see in an upgraded version of an '05?