Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIFES AND MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WIFES AND MUSTANGS

ORIGINAL: brendend

my ex actually broke up with me because i spent more money and time on the car then with her lol. owellcant complain, the stang never yells at me or gives me the silent treatment
It doesn't give you the silent treatment? You mean your car can TALK? [:-]

My boyfriend has actually given me that line before, though. Just jokingly, of course. He asks if I love my car more than him. He's asked me a couple times if I'd leave him for a GT500.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 AM
MetalMech
1st Gear Member

I'm the wife and I think I love the mustang more than the hubby does. It is his daily driver - I steal it on the week-ends! I'm the one who suggested the cosmetic mods and am still suggesting others.I amtrying to do the research onmods because neither one of us has alot of mechanical experience on cars. I get on this forum all the time - he doesn't.I would LOVE one of my own, but it wouldn't be practical with two kids, to have two mustangs. It seems like the women who are not into the cars are the ones who are unable to drive them - the ladies who cannot drive sticks. If they got a taste of the power and the rush of adrenaline as you blow by everyone, I think they would be hooked. That is what hooked me! I love these cars!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:31 AM
racin4christ

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Yes , I know the feeling I pick the right times to speak of the car. She too is jealous of it and calls it the money pit and also dislikes this website. Good Luck and be thankful because you are livingwith your dream car.
My Fiance says the same thing. That my car is nothing but a money pit and that we would have more if I didnt have the car. I will have to put her first in about 2 months and have to stop modding for about 3 years till the car is payed off since we will have no extra income once we move into an appartment. And if I do buy something for the car she gets to buy something that costs the same so i am limited to what i can mod. But I love her and do think that she is more important than my car. im 24 so I still have lots of time to have another muscle car. She does get on my case about the computer cause I will spend 4 hours on here between 4 different mustang sites. HEHE. Good luck to all you guys out there that love you car and the wife hates it. I feel your pain!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:34 AM
racin4christ

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

my ex actually broke up with me because i spent more money and time on the car then with her lol. owellcant complain, the stang never yells at me or gives me the silent treatment

My boyfriend has actually given me that line before, though. Just jokingly, of course. He asks if I love my car more than him. He's asked me a couple times if I'd leave him for a GT500.
So would you??? I think you might. hehe. If I wasnt engaged I might leave my fiance for a Ford GT. HEHE!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 AM
racin4christ

Well, I don't have a wife (and I never plan to, lol), but I do have a boyfriend. He loves the fact that I'm into cars and enjoy planning and conducting mods on my Mustang. We both love going to car shows and watching races. We're planning to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix together this year.
When is the Grand Prix?? My fiance wants to go with me. We were down in long beach tonight and the baricades are up and the grandstands. I told her what they were for and she wanted to go. She loves the races just not when she has to be in the passenger seat. She gets pissed when I race her 04' Focus, lol. She yells "This isn't your MUSTANG honey! now stop hitting the 105 speed limiter your not going to go any faster!"lol!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:35 AM
slowstang07

Old 03-02-2008, 08:59 AM
black S197
3rd Gear Member

Um.. I would leave a GT 500 for you![8D]
Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racin4christ

Well, I don't have a wife (and I never plan to, lol), but I do have a boyfriend. He loves the fact that I'm into cars and enjoy planning and conducting mods on my Mustang. We both love going to car shows and watching races. We're planning to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix together this year.
When is the Grand Prix?? My fiance wants to go with me. We were down in long beach tonight and the baricades are up and the grandstands. I told her what they were for and she wanted to go. She loves the races just not when she has to be in the passenger seat. She gets pissed when I race her 04' Focus, lol. She yells "This isn't your MUSTANG honey! now stop hitting the 105 speed limiter your not going to go any faster!"lol!
The Long Beach Grand Prix is April 18-20.

And no, I would never leave him for a GT500 or any other car.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:17 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: black S197

Um.. I would leave a GT 500 for you![8D]
Hehe.