Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIFES AND MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:22 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WIFES AND MUSTANGS

I suppose I could see how some women would be upset about the cars....I mean they do take up a lot of your time and certainly seem to kill one's wallet.....

I think the best solution is to set down and talk with her about why it is important to you. My theory is whether she likes the car or not, she will recognize your passion for the car and realize this is something that you really enjoy, something that brings you a lot of happiness.

If after all of this she still gets bitterly upset about it.....maybe the problem really isn't the car.

s ~

one more thought....a very simple solution would be to just find a person that adores the Mustang as much as you do........they are out there, you know..........
Old 02-29-2008, 04:24 AM
NeNCGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

I suppose I could see how some women would be upset about the cars....I mean they do take up a lot of your time and certainly seem to kill one's wallet.....

I think the best solution is to set down and talk with her about why it is important to you. My theory is whether she likes the car or not, she will recognize your passion for the car and realize this is something that you really enjoy, something that brings you a lot of happiness.

If after all of this she still gets bitterly upset about it.....maybe the problem really isn't the car.

s ~

one more thought....a very simple solution would be to just find a person that adores the Mustang as much as you do........they are out there, you know..........

OK. So your saying in short is to tune her up, clear her out and if she is still making the same noises trade her in.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

My is the one the talked me into finally buying a Mustang. She likes to go to car shows and swap meets with me, local Mustang cruises, etc.She'seven thinking about trading in her Nissan for a convertible. So I guess I got lucky!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Hey guy's it's not just the women !!!!
My husband hates my car.
First of all when I bought the car, he gave me a monthly payment limit.
And THEN he proceeds to make fun of my V6. You know....Slapping his
forehead....I could of had a V8....It's just a V6....Bullsh*t like that.
Everytime I want to do something on it he gives me a hard time.
All I've put on it: chase lights, a black-out panel, Roush 1/4 louvers and a gt single muffler.
Of course he has to install them!! (everything but the muffler) Oh that goes over real big.
Talking about kissin' his ***..... As much as your wive's or gf's hate your car
just think if you had to have them install the parts!!!! Feel my pain?
Can you tell I'm kinda angry today??!!
When he gets in the car ( passenger side of course ) he will drag his feet
over the sill thingy and leave dirt / scratches.
When we go to the store sometimes he makes me drop him off at the door
because I park out in BFE. Now if I spend anything on the car he has to bitch
and spend money on the cabin. WHATEVER!!!
Oh, and he just loves when the guy's flirt with me..try to race me or tell me almost
everytime I'm out that I have a nice car. Just this last weekend a dude in a Charger in the next lane was lighting up his tires and trying to race me.
I looked over at my husband. He acted like he didn't even notice.
Funny the kids in the back seat noticed.
Oh wells...sorry for the rant.
Glad it's Friday.....I need a beer. lol
BTW that's the only time I let him drive.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]...........In my case I bought myMustang just a few months before I got married. I figured that I would not be able to get it once I got married because we will be looking for a new house and all of my money would go to that. At first she was not too happy about me getting it but the more that she drives in it she loves it. Now that she is actually my wife she has no problems with me spending money on it as long as the morgage is paid and there is food in the house. I always make sure to go to BJ's wholesale once every two months and buy in bulk. She is pretty understanding. Whenever I get something from UPS or FedEx she is usually the one to grab it off of the porch and drag it in.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:13 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

That's cool matt.
From reading these posts before, you are in the minority.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Default RE: WIVES AND MUSTANGS

Don't use the car as a wedge to do things separately, get her involved in the hobby.
Incorporate what she wants to do. She wants to travel or go to the beach, suggest you drive the Mustang there. Go to the park together. She can sit and read her romance novel while you wax the car under the shade. Doesn't she deserve some effort? Seems guys try really hard to get the girl, but once they have her, the game is over and they are "good." Once heard a guy say about his wife, "If we weren't married, I wouldn't treat her that way."

The couple that plays together, stays together.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 AM
danomano
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Briscoe

My wife has really learned to hate my mustang. First I spend hours on this web site. Then 6000.00 on a super, 300.00 on control arms, 1100.00 on suspension, 2600.00 on wheels and tires, new hood 1100.00, 500.00 on interior dress up,20.00 shorty antanna, endless magazines and time reading, 500.00 on stingers,biweekly car washes, and many many more to come it just dosen't end. And after all the time and money, the love grows stronger....for the car.[sm=bicker.gif]

I guess I need a new address for my shipments so I can keep everything on the down low. Anybody else having wife(or girlfriend) problems because of there hot rod.

Wheels are on order, should be installed next friday, Yipee.

[IMG]local://upfiles/80900/580FD8F311124C428091EA621F4BD467.jpg[/IMG]

Man I hate to rain on your parade but what do you think you will get out of all that stuff when you sell it/ if you sell it? Or gets totaled?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

That's cool matt.
From reading these posts before, you are in the minority.
I can't complain. I got a good one
Old 02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

danomano

Man I hate to rain on your parade but what do you think you will get out of all that stuff when you sell it/ if you sell it? Or gets totaled?
Talk about Buzzkill.

If he's happy with what he spends his money on, what does it matter to you? [&:]

- C

Quick Reply: WIFES AND MUSTANGS