Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP's after a year

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
BlkonBlk06

Default SLP's after a year

These are just my observations of owning the SLP Loudmouths after a year.

I've got a 06 Gt convertible so this might be different that what someone with a hard top might notice. WhenI first installed the LM's they were really loud, almost to the point of being obnoxious, but after a few days the sound seemed to calm down quite a bit. Once the sound settledI noticed thatI had 2 opinions of the exhaust, one with the top and windowsup and one with it down. When my top is up and my windows are up alsoI really don't like the sound of the LM's, almost to the point that i am contemplating getting some new axle backs. They make it sound like i'm trying to race when i'm just doing average non aggressive driving(at least on the inside of the car). But whenI have my windows down the sound is annoyingly loud and more "i've got a big *** engine" loud whichI enjoy. WhenI have the chance to drop the top I love everything about the LM's they sound great all through the rpm's.

Anyone else have changing opinions on their aftermarket ehxaust?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP's after a year

ORIGINAL: BlkonBlk06

They make it sound like i'm trying to race when i'm just doing average non aggressive driving
This is exactly how I felt when I was running the Pypes offroad H-pipe. I was barely touching the gas, but the car was screaming like I was killing it. I hated that. I put it on one afternoon, drove it about two hours that night, and took it off the next day in the rain. It was so nice to go back to a controllable sound.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

ORIGINAL: BlkonBlk06

They make it sound like i'm trying to race when i'm just doing average non aggressive driving
This is exactly how I felt when I was running the Pypes offroad H-pipe. I was barely touching the gas, but the car was screaming like I was killing it. I hated that. I put it on one afternoon, drove it about two hours that night, and took it off the next day in the rain. It was so nice to go back to a controllable sound.
I love that IMO. The best is when you are just driving normal or kinda slow and the car sounds so mean, to me that is ssexy! [8D]
Old 02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
str8wick3d
3rd Gear Member

Im debating on running an offroad pipe, but i have muffler delete, so basically the same thing as SLPs.. Im just afraid it will be TO loud, and it sounds deep still right now.. i dont wanna loose the sound quality, but a lil louder would be great.. just not to loud.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:11 AM
BlkonBlk06

Yea for me it's kind of a double edged sword. When i can't put the top or windows down i really hate the sound. When i can put em down i absolutely love it. SO i dunno if i'm going to keep it the way it is or change it out. only time will tell.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

My SLP loudmouths sound great with BBK tuned-length shorties. The pulses are seperated nicely so its a constant glub glub glub at all rpms, rather than screaming or raspiness that the loudmouths alone gave me.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
BlkonBlk06

Hmm. how much did the shorties run you?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

If you are running an off road pipe with them then get resonators. Otherwise it sounds like ****. Trust me, I know. If you are refering to the LMs being overly loud with the stock H pipe then you must have really sensitive ears.[&:]